Hearing his words, Annika lowered her eyes and blushed. 

For a good couple of minutes, both Annika and Shivaay stood in the same position, leaning on each other. The silence enveloped the hall, and it was as soothing as ever; only their breathing was heard. It was only after a few minutes that she raised her eyelids and met his blue-green eyes. It was a magical moment as the sun dipped below the horizon, leaving behind a trail of vibrant hues. Shivaay and Annika embraced.

"Happy anniversary, Shivaay," Annika whispered and brushed Adam's apple with her fingers. Shivaay tightened his hold on her waist and pulled her more into him, crashing her soft chest to his hard one. "A year back, I would never have anticipated that my life would change like this or what it is today. I can't understand why and how illogical I was. I said many bad things to you, didn't know what to say but anger and feelings of rejection had covered me. But then, today, you have been my support, my emotional pillar and whatnot in my life. You stood for me when everyone was against me, you have everything that I wish my husband would have. Thank you so much for being with me. I can't complete my words without thanking you, thank you so much. Thank you for being my husband."

As Annika completed her words full of gratitude, she couldn't help but tear up.

"Today I may not have a good relationship with my parents or with my brother, but I would continue to hold gratitude and gratefulness for them. Because they are the ones who have discovered a groom, a gem in you—in my husband. I have no words to express—thank you so much. I have so much to talk about with you and tell you, but then I don't know what to say. One day when I am not nervous, when I am not too excited or anxious at the time or when I am in my sane mind, I will tell you how much I love you, and how much you mean to me, but then let's just hope that the day will come sooner. I love you, Shivaay, I would love to have you every day beside me through thin and thick. I would love to share the future with you, and I would love to share your family as mine, Shivaay." Annika confessed. 

Sucking a mouthful of oxygen Annika looked straight into his ocean-like eyes and mumbled. "And I mean it Shivaay! Every single word." Shivaay eyed her sincere glittering eyes, and without a doubt had the instinct to trust her and her words. To believe in her sayings. She took a deep breath, lowering her head and accommodated on his shoulder as she continued, "I know you are still not healed from your past wounds. however, I request you provide me with an opportunity to show my love. I wouldn't desire anything in return." 

Annika completed her heartfelt gratitude confession and raised her head to meet her husband Shivaay's blue-green, ocean-like eyes. His eyes were teary, and his glasses blocked the view. Shivaay had his hand around her waist, and as she looked into his eyes, she could see the emotions that her confession had stirred in him. She could feel his warmth and affection for her, making her heart swell with joy.

Annika's mind wandered to the first time she met Shivaay-- when all the female students were fans of him and she couldn't fathom it. She had also wondered about the secret behind his patience and skilful talks. She recollected how his piercing blue-green eyes had targeted her in the classroom right from the moment they met. He had been strict throughout their journey as a professor and student and he kept on addressing her as Ms Tripati, until her mother-in-law had warned him and clarified that she was an 'Mrs Oberoi'. 

She realised in their relationship through, that she had never seen such beautiful eyes before, and she knew that she was in trouble. Shivaay's eyes were of a mesmerizing and enchanting shade of blue-green, resembling the vast and ever-changing expanse of the ocean. Their depth and complexity evoke the feeling of gazing into the heart of the sea itself, a place where secrets are hidden, and mysteries lie waiting to be uncovered. As the light dances across his eyes, they seem to come alive, exuding an incredible sense of tranquillity, just like the serene and peaceful nature of a quiet beach at sunrise. However, when passion or vigour takes hold of him, his eyes transform into the stormy and rugged side of the ocean, reflecting the wild, untamed power that lies beneath the surface.