Chapter 77: Of Requirements and Standards

I found another something btw. 

Found it in Pinterest, from a Twitter account I think

Found it in Pinterest, from a Twitter account I think. https://twitter.com/ilhgns. @ilhgns or something.....yeah. 

Also, I kinda flopped my maths test updating yesterday's chapter for As Never Was. The good news is that most of my classmates faced the same unfortunate fate. So I didn't feel all that bad about it, I guess. I blame the test paper. 

__________________________________________________________________

"What the fuck is this bullshit." Leo narrowed his eyes when he saw the list of requirements written on the message sent by yours truly, Principal Evan. "Student Council member? Me?" 

"You and me both." Anubis drawled, staring up at the ceiling with an empty expression. He was on the floor, forming a starfish on the pile of blankets he just robbed from Leo's fresh laundry, grimacing over the very dull and plain scent emating from it and wishing the other would just develope a better taste one of these days. He could have, technically, done this at Shao's, whose fresh laundry brings people to a different reality with the faintest of whiff. That, however, was no longer a viable option with the emergence of the recent events, particularly their sudden involvement in Evan's future plans. 

Shao Long was looking for him. Actually, he was looking for both of them. And he knew that they would only either be at Leo's or Anubis' room as the only place in the whole land of Momosu that they could step into with their privacy kept without breaking the rules they were now forced to follow. Anubis didn't exactly know how to deal with the questions. Or the raised brows. Or the concern. It was misguided. It shouldn't be directed at either of them. The boy had just been attacked yesterday night and here he was being concerned about his antisocial friends being forced to take up a leadership position. 

So of course, the best course of action decided upon by Anubis in this time of need was to hide. In Leo's room. While discussing about their most recent problem. 

"Is the student log that important to you, or can we just like, ditch it?" 

"I don't think I have that much time to gather that much information, Leo."

"Sure you do. You tracked our whereabouts like breathing air. You can find the information of several people just fine."

Anubis rolled his eyes at that. What did he think progress meant? "You know certain things are just so well hidden, even to me. Not everything is just there to be found, you know. Some things just aren't recorded in data."