Clara spoke next "Ali? I'm going with Jack- We have a new assignment in a few days, but it was a pleasure getting to be there for you. I am here if you need me. Emily has my number, you can always call me if you need anything okay?" she looked at the teen with a small smile of sincerity.

"Thank you." Alyvia said in her most "Sweet and well-spoken" voice. While Alyvia was okay with hugging Emily on occasion, she was still not ready for anyone else's hugs or physical contact, she was grateful that Clara was the good agent she was because she could tell and left the conversation at that.

Emily embraced Clara in a hug thanking her for all the help and support she provided throughout this whole process, Clara responded with

"Em, I've known you for a long time, I am always here to help if/when you need anything. Just call."

Emily reciprocated the offer, getting one more hug before the wavy-haired brunette got into the car with Jack and drove off into the city. Leaving both Emily and Alyvia standing in the parking lot alone, Emily turned to the teen

" Well, shall we?" She asked with a simple tone. Alyvia nodded, the teen slid into the passenger seat next to Emily, she rested her head on the window and let the woman drive. They both did not say a word the whole drive to Emily's apartment, the city of DC blurred past them as they drove.

Alvyia felt strange being "back" in America the trees looked different, the layout of the land was different, and there was so much more land. For whatever reason she felt guilty for talking about this out loud because why should it be strange? She should just be able to function as a normal teen. As the car began to slow down Alyvia's heart picked up a little, Emily stopped along the street in front of a long townhomes.

They both got out of the car in silence baggage in hand and Alyvia followed Emily to the small porch standing outside in the May air of DC. The sun shone down Emily pulled out her keys and opened the door, she went inside and turned on the lights standing by the entrance until Alyvia was inside.

"I'm sorry for the mess," The woman began to apologize " I moved in here right before traveling overseas so I still have some things to unpack myself," she said awkwardly more to herself than anyone else "Anyway this is the entrance, here is the kitchen, living room, dining room, there is a bathroom under the stairs over there. How about I show you your room?"

Emily knew Alyvia could see all these things but she hoped her conversation would help ease the shock a little bit and also help with her own awkwardness around having a new person in a space she bought fairly recently, a space that had yet to feel like home to her. 

Still clutching her things Alyvia followed Emily up the stairs to the second floor still silent, Emily's apartment was a split plan so from the second floor she could see the living room.

Emily walked past a small couch and a study stopping outside a door "This is your bathroom, sorry it's not attached to your room but it's all yours. I have an en suite so my bathroom is in my room." Emily continued her tour walking, gesturing to the small hall with one door at the end "My room is down this hall- your room" She took a right "Is here."

Emily opened the door to reveal a queen-sized bed in the middle of the room with a small closet, two empty shelves, and a small desk. All of which seemed to have been collecting dust in the room, Alvyia did not mind. She sat her things carefully on the floor, not wanting to mess anything up as she walked around. As she actually looked around the room she noticed the little window seat. Alyvia felt a little smile creep onto her lips, she had always dreamed of a window seat silly as it sounded.

Emily noticed the smile too, "We can decorate it any way you like." Emily looked at the teen marveling at the room and the window. "Really?" Alvyia said in disbelief speaking for the first time since they arrived at the townhouse.