12: Toxin (Betrayal AU)

Start from the beginning

His eyes found Sabre once more, before Shadow decided he was not going to ask.

Slipping out of the room showed Soul still standing there, who was now talking to Corruption. Both looked at him. "So?" Soul asked. "An actual reason or just to make us leave him alone after the last incident."

Shadow huffed. "Unless you want to die a... probably quick death, I'd suggest not entering." He waved a hand as he walked away. "I'm going to inform Void. See ya."

Soul gave a hiss behind him, before two pairs of footsteps got closer. "And how would we die? A stab wound?" Corruption asked.

Shadow rolled his eyes. "Poison." Both of them stumbled, before catching back up.

"I'm sorry?" Corruption asked. "Why is he making poison and we're not allowed in? It can't be that bad! Just don't eat any."

Shadow stared at him as he turned to face the direction they just came from. "If you want to test it," He waved a hand down the hall. "Be my guest!"

Corruption did not test it out, deciding to follow Shadow instead.

— — —

Sabre waved goodbye as he left the lair, a backpack bouncing lightly against his back with his steps. Shadow followed behind, who was currently in charge of making sure Sabre didn't get captured again.

"For the love of Darkness," Shadow groaned. "Please tell me what we're doing."

Sabre laughed, taking a few larger steps and spinning around to face Shadow. His bag clinked quietly. "Come on! It's a surprise!"

"I hate surprises. You know that because you do too." Sabre stuck his tongue out in response.

Once they got away from the obsidian and lava infused ground and onto more natural land, Shadow grabbed Sabre and quickly teleported to the location Sabre gave him.

The sheer fact it was quite close to the Yellow Kingdom was nerve wracking, but the fact the Rainbow Kingdom had some festival happening that drew attention away from the other kingdoms didn't make it so bad.

Once the lightning faded, trees were in their vision. The sun, still low on the horizon, was barely peeking through the canopy. Faintly, both of them could hear a river rushing in the distance. From what Shadow knows, that river was their water supply. Why they were so close to a probably heavily guarded area was unknown to him.

Sabre tugged on his hand, pulling him along. "Come on!" He exclaimed. "We don't have much time!"

Shadow quickly picked up his pace, just so Sabre would stop pulling him along. "Much time for what?"

Sabre grinned, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a bottle of purple liquid. It took Shadow a few seconds to place it.

"Wait-" Shadow spluttered. "You're still making that! That was a month ago!"

Sabre threw his head back and laughed, the sound loud in the quiet woods. "I had to make enough for the plan!"

"What pl-" The dots in Shadow's head connected when he realized where they were walking. "Oh."

Sabre giggled next to him, nearly skipping as they pushed past the bramble.

"You're poisoning their water supply."

Sabre nodded, still smiling.

Shadow wondered if the Leaders realized how insanely creative Sabre was and just did nothing with him, or if they just saw he was 'powerless' and considered him a waste of time. Shadow wasn't sure which one he'd rather it be, but he was glad Sabre was on his side.