Chapter 1

I woke up to the feeling of strong arms wrapped around me and the familiar, soothing scent of amber and sandalwood. I can feel Mike's chest pressed against my back. His chest rises and falls steadily with each breath he takes. The sun shines softly through the window on the wall next to the bed casting a warm glow over the hotel room. I roll over in his arms so that I am facing him. I bring one of my hands up and softly caress his face as I admire him. He looks so peaceful when he's sleeping his entire face is relaxed as he lays there his chest rising and falling with even breaths. As I admire his face I take in his tempting lips and the way my mind is screaming at me to kiss him. He is like an addiction to me. I can never get enough of him. I brush my lips against his softly. The small contact is enough to send electricity shooting through my body. His breathing changes as he begins to wake up. As his eyes slowly open his gorgeous brown eyes meet mine and they immediately light up. I can't help but smile at him as his eyes meet mine. He returns my smile with a sleepy one of his own that I find absolutely adorable. He lets out a content sigh as he tightens his arms around me and pulls me closer to him. My body presses against his and I bury my face into his chest and breathe in his relaxing scent. "How did you sleep last night?" Mike asks his voice soft as he rests his head on top of mine, his arms holding me close to him. "That was the best sleep I've gotten in a very long time," I reply with a slight laugh. I wrap my arms around him and relax in his hold, enjoying this moment between us. He chuckles softly at my response as he shifts so that I'm on top of him, his arms still wrapped tightly around my waist. I sit up so that my legs are on either side of his body and I am straddling his lap. I lean down and press a passionate kiss to his lips, my hands moving up to tangle in his hair. He makes a noise deep in his throat that sounds a lot like a growl which causes a wave of desire to wash over me. His hands grip my waist tighter as he pulls me closer. He kisses me hungrily, his hands starting to roam over my body. I moan softly as he deepens the kiss my hands tightening their grip on his hair. I'm breathing heavily as I pull away from the kiss to catch my breath and so is Mike. I rest my forehead against his and look into his eyes while I try to get my breathing back to normal. "I love you, Samantha." Mike's voice is soft and his dark brown eyes prove that he meant what he said more than his words did. "I love you, too," I respond. My voice is also soft as I look deeply into his eyes, hoping that he can see just how much I mean it.

I start to make my way off of the bed because as much as I would love to stay in bed with him all day that isn't an option. I make it to the edge of the bed before he stops me. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me back into the bed so that my back is pressed against his chest. As he pulls me against him he leans in and whispers in my ear, "Where do you think you're going?" His voice is a combination of playfulness and seductiveness and it drives me insane. I know exactly where he's going with this and as much as I'd love to go there we can't. At least not right now. So, I shove down the desire that's currently taken residence in my chest and respond to him. "I'm going to get ready. I promised Mia and Reagan I'd help them get ready for the banquet. Besides I have to go anyway I can't get caught sneaking out of your hotel room." I say my voice is playful but I'm being serious and I know he knows that. But he doesn't seem to care because the playful gleam in his eye only grows as does the mischievous smirk now turning up the corners of his mouth. "You worry too much, nobody is going to catch you sneaking out of our room." His voice is playful as he presses soft kisses along my neck and down to my shoulder. My eyes close in pleasure even as I try my best not to let his kisses get the best of me. He chuckles softly as he watches my reactions to his kisses. He gently bites my shoulder and I moan softly even as I internally scold myself for giving in to him so easily. If I'm being honest with myself I've never been good at resisting him. He has always been good at making me give in. Especially when it comes to something like this. "Mike, I really need to get ready. I promised Mia and Reagan I'd meet them for breakfast before we start getting ready." I say trying to hold on to the little resistance I have left as he presses gentle kisses along my jaw. Mike sighs in defeat. "Fine... I'll see you before the banquet, right?" He asks, his arms tighten around me and he rests his chin on my shoulder. "Of course," I respond as I turn my body so that I can place a soft yet passionate kiss on his lips before climbing out of the bed and making my way towards the bathroom. All of my stuff is in his room. I didn't even bother getting a room of my own because there was no point. I wouldn't sleep in it, I'd just end up coming and sleeping with Mike.