Wildflower

Please listen to the song Wildflowers by Tom Petty and enjoy!!

Scott's Perspective-

When I went to school the next day, I was surprised to see that Rick wasn't there.

"Maybe he's sick." Jimmy said.

"Oh...yeah, maybe."

"Okay...well I'm going to sit with Tango."

"Who?"

"Pearl's friend."

"Oh...okay."

I watched as Jimmy left and I sighed.

I had no one.

I sat by myself and looked around.

I saw people I knew, yet I felt alone.

Ever since Martyn-

I shook my head, stopping my thoughts.

I gotta get out.

I then saw Grian get up from his table with Scar and Mumbo, looking nervous.

He walked up to me and awkwardly said,

"Hi Scott."

"Hi."

He sat down and handed me a folded-up piece of paper.

"What's this?" I asked.

Grian took a deep breath, "A letter from Rick."

I titled my head, confused.

"What?"

"Just...read it."

I took the letter and opened it.

'Hey Scott.

I know we didn't have much time together, and I'm sorry. Well, we actually have had a lot of time together. I know you're probably really confused right now, but don't worry. I figured it out. Just ask for a wallet and the truth from Grian, he should tell you everything because I didn't have the chance to.

But for now, listen, well read. I am about to die. And right now, I am dead. But don't worry, please don't be sad, it was just my time to go. I know this is terrible, the two people who have helped you in your life have died, but don't give up on Jimmy. I know you might feel bad about disrespecting Martyn, but don't.

We both know that all he'd want is for you to be happy. And so does Jimmy. Just trust me. I know this is going to be a lot, but you have to trust Grian. And when you know the truth...know that I'm not trying to be a bad person. What happened in my life and my home...it sounded good. They promised me a family, they convinced people to join by promising your greatest desire. But it's all a lie. But I was hooked. He took me under his wing like a real father, and I made so many friends who treated me like I was their brother.

It was good. But I lost sight of myself, and I lost my home. I'm not from here, Scott. I'm from a different dimension. And in my home, I dated Martyn.'

I stopped.

My insides froze.

"He what?" I asked, my voice shaky.

"Scott, I don't get it all either- "

"Tell me the truth."

"Don't you want to finish reading the letter?"

"Tell me the truth."

Grian sighed.

He then took a deep breath and told me everything.