Chapter 34

Red

Red just stood there staring in silence, not even hearing Felix's question. All she and everyone else could do was stare at what she was seeing.

How could they not? After all, it was not every day that you saw a magical door appear out of thin air. Even if it was one that led to the realm of the faeries.

Noticing the stares, Felix sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Here we go," he said. "Yes, I know it's is a door that magically appeared and opens to another land. How exciting! Now, that's done we have to go because this door won't stay open forever, you know."

"Oh, my goodness," Greg exclaimed, breaking out of his trance. "He's right!"

He then turned to face them. "Fairy gateways can only stay open for a few minutes at most after being summoned. Soon after they disappear until they are called upon again."

"Why is that?" asked Reggie.

"Don't look at me," Greg replied with a shrug. "The Faeries make the rules, not me. I'm a Dwarf, not a Fae, remember? Anyway, we got to go. Last one is a rotten dragon's egg!"

With that he sprinted through the doorway, swiftly disappearing upon entering.

"Looks like we are next Axle," Phillip said to the horse next to him.

Axle just stared blankly at the prince in reply as the two followed after Greg.

"Hey, wait for me!" Reggie exclaimed as he leapt up into the air.

He was about to head for the door but stopped at came back.

"Hey, Davey," he asked the rabbit. "Want a ride with me?"

Davey turned to Red, silently asking for permission. His expression was cautious, but there was look in his eyes that said he really wanted to go.

Not wanting to him to miss out on the chance of flying, Red nodded.

Happy the rabbit gave her a happy nuzzle on her cheek as thanks. Soon after he turned, jumped to the ground and got on Reggie's back.

Once he was safely secured, the familiar leapt back up and the two went flying through the door.

Arthur then turned to Red. "Well, looks like you are the rotten dragon's egg!" he said with smirk before he started running to the entrance.

"Oh, in your dreams," Red exclaimed as she immediately chased after him. There was no way she was going to be the last one in!

She soon caught up to him as the two passed through, passing Felix who just stared at them annoyed.

 "I win!" Red exclaimed in triumph when they reached the other side.

 "I... can... see... that!" Arthur huffed, panting from the exercise. "Congrats."