Chapter 24

Red

Red stayed silent as the twins dragged her through the camp. They didn't stop until they they reached another tent, this one not as fine smelling and more draftier than the Prince's.

She was roughly pushed into a corner.

How gentlemanly, she though to herself sarcastically, scowling at them.

"Stay there," the smart one ordered her. "And don't worry. You won't be here long."

"Yeah," added the dumb one. "That man still want want you after all."

Red wanted to ask what man they were talking about, but her mouth was recovered with the cloth. So all she could do was glare at them through her blindfold.

She could feel the two smirk at her as she heard them walk out, telling the guards posted outside to make sure she didn't escape. Not that she would, since her hands were tied up so tight.

Still, she tried her best to free her hands. Unfortunately, after three tries, no such luck.

Dismayed, she sighed. Why did this have to happen to her? All she wanted was to break her curse so that no trouble would come to her family.

She then thought of her mother and granny. They were probably worried sick about her, not knowing exactly where she was. Probably only finding out she left home in the middle of the night to head into the woods to break their spell with only one plan. One she was unsure would be successful or not.

Now she probably would never see them or Davey again, since she didn't know who this man was the prince planned to hand her over to. 

Who was he anyway? And what did he want with her? It couldn't be someone from the village because they were all nice and would never agree to work with the "bland prince."

Red dearly hoped that she would never find out and that Davey and Reggie were safe and were getting help. Even though the only closest was Arthur and Phillip, the former she doubted would be willing. After all, the latter had the former captured and was planning to hand him off to her captor.

As she was thinking this she suddenly felt a strong hand on her shoulder. She froze for a second before scowling in anger.

Thinking it was one of twins come to take her back to the Prince, she turned, stretched out her leg and kicked him hard in what she assumed to be his leg.

She heard a muffled cry as he pulled away, probably massaging his hurt leg.

Her scowl then turned to a confused frown when she heard a familiar whisper.

"Are you crazy wolf girl? Is this how you treat your rescuer?"

"Arthur?" She asked in surprise.

"No, it's Father Christmas," he replied, grumpy. "I decided to come early this year. Of course it's me! Who did you think it was?"

"What are you doing here?" She asked, ignoring his jab. She felt a soft comforting paw on her leg, recognizing Davey from his scent.

"Davey," she said in relief. "You're ok." She would have hugged the rabbit if she were untied.

"I'm here too," she heard Reggie next to her.

"Reggie," she said, smiling at him. She was so relieved to see both he and Davey were apparently safe and unharmed.

"Yeah, they are helping me," Arthur replied, once his leg was better. "As what I am doing here, rescuing you as I said before."

"You are?" Red said, as he untied her hands. Surprisingly his felt bigger. "But I thought that Phillip-"