Chapter 25

Arthur

They walked back to camp, still no fae in hand.

Arthur and Red went to more areas where they both thought a fair one might be found, and not a single one got into the trap. Maybe they should have waited for Phillip and Reggie first. After all, they were supposed to help.

Although, Arthur wasn't feeling down about it. Through it, he got know Red a little bit more. She knew a lot about the forest area and it's non magical critters, which he found pretty amazing. Even more so of her knowing the best place to catch fish and which berries were safe to eat while they were getting supper.

He didn't expect to enjoy himself working with her, but was kind of glad to.

"I wonder where the others are," she commented after another dinner of caught and prepared fish and berries for dessert. Currently, they were sitting on a log and staring at the fire. "I thought you said Reggie knew the way to our camp.

"Yeah," Arthur agreed. Though this wasn't surprising, the bird sometimes had the tendency to get lost once or twice. He had a feeling this was one of them.

"I wouldn't worry though," he told Red with a shrug. "They probably went the wrong direction and got lost."

"You sure?" Red asked, concerned.

"Positive," he assured her. "This happens before dozens of time and the bird always somehow managed to find the right away. You won't believe how many times it drove the F7 mad. They'll be ok trust me."

"Ok," she said.

The two then sat in awkward silence. This was was a first for him because he always knew what to say to a girl. However, this time he was completely lost for words.

After awhile it was Red who finally broke the silence.

"Uh, I want to thank you," she said slowly.

  "For what?" He asked, confused.

"For rescuing me," she explained. "You know, from prince Average? If it weren't you I would have been handed off to a total stranger who probably would have done who knows what to me."

"You're welcome," he said. "Who was that guy and why did he want you anyway?"

"I still have no idea," she said. "I don't suppose you overheard something while sneaking around there?"

"Unfortunately no," Arthur replied. "Apparently, either the prince was sworn to secrecy or didn't know either." Though he had a feeling it was the latter since Average was known for being a big blabbermouth at times.

"Well, it doesn't matter now," said Red with a shrug. "Plus, I'm sure what mystery wanted with me would have been a lot worse than what the prince what wanted to do."

"I doubt it," he argued. "Trust me nothing is worse for a girl than kissing a loser like that. Besides, anyone would be a better kisser than him."

"I wouldn't know," she said shyly. "I've only had one kiss and that was my first...which was you."

"Oh," he said, suddenly awkward. He never forgot that kiss. How could he for it was way more memorable and enchanting than any he had before. "That was pretty, uh nice. You sure that was your first?"

"Yeah," she said, looking away. "It was."

"So there was no one else?"

"Nope," she affirmed.

"Why?" He asked. "A girl like you surely has no trouble in getting a guy to kiss her."

  "Uh hello, werewolf?"She pointed to herself.