twenty-four

⋆ twenty-four ⋆ 

⋆ twenty-four ⋆ 

Back on the construction, Peter 1 is gasping, pulling his mask off to momentarily try to regain his breath. The other Peters are quick to join him, Peter 3 helping the injured Peter 1 to his feet as he grills Peter 2, "What the hell is going on out there?! I keep yelling at you, 'Peter 2', 'Peter 2'–"

"But I thought you were Peter 2?!"

"What? I'm not Peter 2..." He trails off, a look of confusion crossing his expression as he tries to remember what Xara had called them. Sarcastic quip Peter was Peter 3, and secret drug dealer Peter was Peter 2. Yeah, he was right!

Peter 1, however, interrupts them both. "Stop arguing, both of you! Listen to Peter 1. Look, we're clearly not very good at this!"

"I know, I know. We suck. I don't know how to work as a team!"

"Me neither," Peter 2 admits.

"Well, I do. I have been in a team, okay? I don't wanna brag, but I will. I was in the Avengers."

"The Avengers?"

"Yeah."

"That's great! What is that?"

The perplexed look stays on Peter 1's face, disbelief creeping into his voice. "Wait, you don't have the Avengers?"

Peter 3 tries to recover it. "Is that a band? Are you in a band?"

"No, I'm not in a band. No, the Avengers is, uh... Earth's mightiest..."

"Have you guys never read a comic?!" Maddy interjects through the comms, scoffing. "Some nerds. By the way, we can hear everything you're saying. How are you guys not able to work together, you're literally the same person!"

Peter 3 tries to reel in his slightly burned pride from the jab. "Just because you guys are doing great together. How are you doing that?"

"Because we actually talked! We planned what we'd do, kinda, we vibed for longer, gave each other all the tea."

From where Lily's trying to sneak up on Electro, she can't help but frown. "What's tea?"

Xara just laughs. "I'll explain it to you later, grandma!"

The boys are listening to all of this, a mix of shock, awe and surprise rising in them. When all this started, they thought the girls would be sworn enemies, having the same boyfriend in different universes and all. It turns out they probably get along better than the Peters! Somehow.

Peter 1 holds back a retort, instead saying, "Look, it's not important. All we gotta do is focus, trust your tingle, and co-ordinate our attacks, okay? We take them off the board one at a time. Okay. Peter 1. Peter 2. Peter 3."

He points at each of them in turn, but just as they're about to run off, Peter 3 grabs them both. "No, wait, wait, wait!" They both look at him, adrenaline running high, before he gives a smile. "I love you guys."