10.1

❀Marley G. Cooper❀

I let out my breath as I slowly made my way from the bathroom to my bed. Even though the accident had been a couple weeks ago I was still in a lot of pain. I felt relief as I got myself situated in my bed, grateful I got to be in the comfort of my own home. I could hear the sound of my front door open and footsteps approaching my room.

Soon Shedeur entered holding a bag of food in one hand and a CVS bag in the other. He gave me a smile as he sat next to me in the bed, handing me everything.

"Thank you my love." I said, leaning over and giving him a few pecks on the lip. "No problem. You feeling okay?" I nodded and opened the CVS bag pulling out my prescription and the Gatorade he'd bought, taking the pill before turning my attention to the food he'd bought me.

"When your next PT appointment?" he questioned.

"In the morning." I said in between taking bites of food, "Damn alright." He responded pulling his phone out of his pocket.

"I know you got a workout so I can just ask my mom-" I stopped once I saw him putting the phone to his ear, "Hey, Marley got PT in the morning so we got to reschedule that workout...yea Saturday'll work...Alright bye."

He put the phone down and looked over at me "What you was saying?"

"Nothing." I said, unable to hide my smile as I finished my food. Not a day had gone by where he made me question whether or not I'd made the right choice. Shilo was hurt obviously, but at the end of the day we were still best friends and we still talked everyday. It was just like he'd promised.

When it came to Shedeur I loved and appreciated how much time and effort he put into this relationship. Being with him came easy...it felt right.

That next morning we were up bright and early to get to the appointment on time. Shortly after arrival Dr. Green wasted no time putting me to work. A lot of damage had been done to my right knee, so we were working on increasing my mobility. It was thanks to her I was recovering fast, not even needing crutches anymore, but still walking with a slight limp.

"Shedeur you can come help with this one." She said, calling him over. Majority of the time he was just here for encouragement and moral support, but she did occasionally call him over to help with an exercise.

"Okay so I just want you to pass her this medicine ball every time she squats and then she's going to pass it back when she gets back up." She explained and he nodded grabbing the medicine ball from her.

She wanted me to try and do at least 10 but after the first three I was ready to throw in the towel.

"You got it baby, come on." Shedeur encouraged. I nodded, taking a deep breath before resuming the exercises, eventually getting through them.

"Alright, you can meet me over there to stretch and then you're free to go." Dr. Green said walking off, I turned to look at Shedeur with a smile "Thanks Shedeur...for everything."

"Nah thank you Marley." He said making me furrow my eyebrows, "For what?"

"For being my baby...for being my everything." I smiled at his choice ofwords as he leaned down placing a kiss on my lips, "Imma gone ahead and bring the car to the front."

I nodded watching him walk out the door, feeling more confident than ever that I'd made the right choice.