1

Shilo sat on the sofa scrolling through Instagram, growing impatient with waiting on his younger brother. Shedeur slid the final touches on his outfit before heading downstairs.

"It's crazy that you take longer than Shelomi to get ready." Shilo said while rising from his seat.

"Whatever man, I aint even take that long."

Shilo simply shook his head, taking the lead out the door and to his car.

For the past month Shilo had been in the process of planning a surprise party for Marley's 22nd birthday.

He had been working with the event planner, Helen, alone for the most part, but today he was bringing Shedeur for his input on some of the final details.

The two pulled up to Helen's office space and were greeted by her immediately. After greetings and introductions, she led the boys through the building to the room where she had arranged for them to sample different cakes.

"This must be what you brought me for." Shedeur said looking over at his brother and Shilo nodded.

The two knew Marley almost equally as well, but when it came to food her and Shedeur had the most in common. Shedeur proceeded to taste the cakes arranged before him, finding majority of them nasty, before getting to the red velvet.

"Yea this the one." Shedeur said nodding his head and going for a second bite. Helen pulled out a notebook, jotting down notes before looking back up.

"Any particular design?" she asked.

"She like them heart shaped cakes girls been getting lately." Shedeur immediately answered and Helen nodded "I know exactly what you're talking about. We have about a week and a half until the party, you all worry about getting her there and I'll take care of the rest." Helen gave the boys a smile, allowing them to see themselves out.

Shedeur couldn't help but notice his brother seemed overly excited as they got back inside his car.

"You smiling like we planning a party for you." Shedeur said, curious about his brothers behavior.

"I got big things planned for the party man." Shilo explained.

"What? You bought her a car or something?" Shedeur chuckled at the thought, bringing his water bottle to his lips.

"Of course I didn't buy her a car. Imma finally tell her how I feel."

Shilo's words caused Shedeur to choke on the water, as he looked at his brother in shock. "Bro you good?" Shilo questioned, glancing away from the road to look at Shedeur.

"Where this coming from?" Shedeur asked once he was finally able to speak, "Don't act so surprised I been told you I had feelings for her."

"Yea when you were 17, you 23 now I thought it was just a phase or something." Shedeur responded, feeling his heart rate starting to increase.

Shilo shrugged, "I wasn't tryna mess up the friendship or nothing you know? But I got a good feeling about this, I put a lot of thought into it."

Shilo felt like everything was going to come out perfectly. The party had been planned perfectly suited to all of Marley's favorite things. He had the perfect gifts, a perfect speech, all he needed was for the perfect window of opportunity. It would be a full circle moment. His feelings for her developed after his birthday, and now he would be revealing them on hers—years later.

Shilo was to lost in his thoughts to notice Shedeur had gone silent.

His feelings for Marley were only a couple of years old, but that didn't minimize their strength any. In his mind, he and Marley were in an unofficial relationship. He thought he had time to reveal his feelings and then make it an official, mutually agreed upon, relationship.

He wanted his brother to be happy, but why did that have to be with Marley?

"Shedeur you listening?" Shilo asked, bringing Shedeur back to reality. "Nah my bad, what you said?"

"I'm putting you in charge of getting her to the party, can you handle that?" Shilo asked making Shedeur shake his head "Yea I got you bro."

Once back inside the boys went to their separate rooms. Shedeur taking the time to start to make plans of his own, knowing he would have to make his move first.

He felt bad for what he was about to do to his brother, but he knew he'd never be able to forgive himself if he didn't at least try to win Marley's heart.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧