Chapter One pt 2

It was ten p.m. when I finished making a hearty meal for everyone. "Okay, guys enjoy your venison and potato stew." I hummed. "We will," Everyone chirped. After I fed everyone I fixed a bowl for Adriel and made my way upstairs. Once I reached my room I heard him whine loudly. "Jaxson where are you!?" Adriel cried. I quickly stepped into the room to see Adriel huddled up on the bed and his skull buried in his knees. "Adriel, I have something for you to eat." I hummed softly. "Where were you!?" Adriel cried out his eyes a stark shade of gray. "I was cooking dinner," I said while holding a bowl of soup. "Really?" Adriel said softly his eyes shifting from white to his normal shade of green. "Yes, are you hungry?" I asked softly. Adriel hesitantly looked at me and reached out for the bowl of venison beef and potato stew. "Thank you... I was getting kinda hungry..." Adriel said his eyes flashing pink with embarrassment. "You're welcome, darling," I said softly. I looked down and noticed that there was blood still on my fitted sheet causing me to sigh slightly. Adriel picked up on that and followed my direction and his eyes turned pink with embarrassment. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to bleed on your bed Jaxson..." Adriel said sadly his eyes now shifting to a dark blue. Oh, It's fine, I've seen worse. I chuckled lightheartedly. "My mom would bleed buckets of the stuff when Aunt Flo came over for a visit," I said while smiling. "Really? You're not disgusted by it?" Adriel asked hesitantly. "Why would I be disgusted by it Adriel, I've mucked around in literal animal shit before so like I said a little blood ain't gonna scare me off." I hummed while rubbing the space between Adriel's antlers. "You really don't care that I bled on your sheets..." Adriel asked one last time. "No, not at all, my bed is the least of my concerns Adriel, I'm more worried about you, you were crying in your sleep 'cause you were hurtin' so bad," I said while patting Adriel on his back. "Thank you... You don't know how long I've been waiting to hear something like that..." Adriel said with soft yellow eyes. I looked at Adriel with a mix of sympathy and sadness. "Did your clan not care enough for you?" I asked as I plopped down next to Adriel. Adriel only shook his head and sighed. "No... My clan didn't care that I was in pain or uncomfortable, they still made me work my tail off even though they knew I had HFHS..." Adriel said his eyes shifting blue again. I quirked an eyebrow at what Adriel just told me. "If you don't mind me asking what is HFHS?" I asked genuinely curious. "Oh, that?" Adriel asked. "Well... It stands for Hyper Feral Heat Syndrom... It's a disease that affects the reproductive system of Male Omegas Betas and Ovulating Alphas... It can cause either debilitating cramps or make them very very horny... It can also be responsible for very heavy bleeding too..." Adriel explained his eyes now shifting to yellow again. "Oh, I see, that's very interesting, I'll have to keep painkillers around for you then," I said with a kind smile. "Well, here's the thing... I'm not the only one with HFHS... Alec Iris and Viren also have it as well..." Adriel said his eyes shifting blue again. "I see, I'll make sure to stalk up on plenty of painkillers then," I said softly. "Well, I'm gonna check up on the rest of the group and make sure that they're all fine and dandy, alright?" I hummed while patting Adriel on his head. "Alright... I'll just be lying in bed if you need anything," Adriel said while getting all cozy under the covers. "Alright Adriel, you just relax and kick back for a bit while I do the chores and clean up for the evening." I hummed as I left the room. Once I was downstairs I came upon the scene of everybody either cleaning lounging on the sofa or reading books. "Hello everybody, I see someone already did the dishes for me, that was very grateful of them." I hummed while scanning the room for the one who helped out. "I did the dishes..." Ilibis chirped. "Oh, that's so sweet of you Ilibis, I make sure you get a reward sometime within the week," I said softly. "Really? What kind of reward!?" Ilibis said while perking up. "It's a surprise," I said with a grin. "Since everybody was so helpful on the farm today, given the fact that Adriel is currently in heat and cooped up in bed, I decided to bake my award-winning cherry marmalade pie as a treat." I said while clapping my hands. "Pie!?" Everyone shouted in unison. "Man... I hadn't had a pie since I was a child..." Hotah hummed. "The only kind of pie I ever had was fish pie..." Merlin hummed. Then again... I was also a kid when I had it so I don't remember the taste. "Damn... I've never had a pie before..." Ilibis said sadly. "Excuse me!?" Everyone but Ilibis gasped. How have you not had a pie before!? Hotah gasped. "Well... My planet couldn't sustain certain things like wheat rye and corn so we had no means of making bread pies were a delicacy on my planet and only the richest of the rich could afford one." Ilibis explained. "Ah, that makes a lot of sense now." Hotah hummed. I then clapped my hands to get everyone's attention. "If anyone wants to watch me make the pie they can join me in the kitchen, okay?" I hummed with a beaming smile. Alright! Everyone chirped in unison. I smiled at everyone and made my way over to the kitchen where I then began to prep four pie tins so everyone could have a slice of my award-winning cherry marmalade pie.