Chapter 13:

Itachi

"Cops showed up at the school." Sasuke said when I answered his call and I grunted.

"For dick?"

He snickered. "Yeah, for dick. Questioned your girl for awhile."

That made me pause. "How long?" I expected them to question her but how long is awhile?

"About an hour, i'd say. I stayed the whole time, thankfully your kid is well behaved because he somehow knew not to complain."

I was proud that Izuna behaved but it didn't make sense. "How did he behave? That's unlike him."

"I told him that we were making sure y/n was safe. He was more than willing to wait until they left after that."

I chuckled, again, my son was smitten. "Did you record it?"

"Yeah. Just sent, we're 10 minutes out."

"See you soon."

Just as I was ending the call, Damon entered my office holding a laptop open in one hand. He whistled and plopped down in the car. "What?" I questioned.

"Your girl had to deal with Grant and Smith."

I groaned, those cops were a pain in my ass. It just so happened that the two cops who refuse to be bought off are the ones working this missing persons case.

"Sasuke sent the recording?"

He nodded and turned the laptop screen towards me, showing them entering the classroom and sitting on a table.

I could tell she was confused then weary, I was equally proud that she gave them attitude but I always wanted to spank her for painting a target on her back.

My angel was trouble, the thought made me smile. The door to my office burst open and Izuna ran in, I pushed my chair back and hauled him onto my lap.

"How was school?" I asked.

"Good. Daddy, why did those men talk to ms. y/n?"

I chuckled at his mad face. "I don't know, we'll ask her later."

He seemed satisfied with that answer because his face evened out and he nodded, he hopped off my lap and with a quick high five to Damon he left the office. Probably to find somewhere quiet to read or something.

"You had to kill him." Sasuke drawled.

"He had to die."

"Fair enough." He said as he sat and Damon chuckled.

"You gave up easily." He teased and Sasuke shrugged.

"She's to him like Sakura is to me."

I smiled at his explanation, it really was that simple and there wasnt much we wouldn't do for our women. Damon just looked confused and I refused to let him go off on a tangent.

"You have eyes on them? I don't want them sniffing around her."

Sasuke raised a brow. "You gonna kill them too?" I shrugged and he tilted his head. "That's not a yes."