10

Luke

Wiping down the tables in the cafe as we finished up for the day as it slowly went dark outside, I'd already messaged Sam since we were going out tonight with the others which was why I changed into my black jeans, grey shirt and bike jacket once I signed off before heading out and took my bike and I pulled my helmet onto head. Heading to the bar as I sped down the street as I felt a strange feeling in my body as I pulled into the carpark before heading over to the others who were out the front of the bar.

"Luke!" Sam beamed at the sight of me as he hugged me and I grimaced slightly though I quickly hid my discomfort before he pulled away as he dragged me inside as everyone followed, Riley, Peter, David, Alex and Emily were there.

Heading to the bar and I felt Peter following me as he leaned into it beside me as he sent me a soft smile as I ordered a drink, "why have you as a non-drinker come to a bar?" I spoke confused with a small smile as I felt at peace around him.

I felt safe

"Because it's nice, and it's not like I don't drink at all" he shrugged as I brought my drink to my lips once the bartender served me it.

"Peter!" Emily exclaimed as she joined his other side and my expression and posture immediately changed to a blank and ready to defend myself and she leaned into his side with a huge smile, "I like your sweater... It's nice and soft..."

"Thank you" he chuckled down at her and I felt almost jealousy stir in me, I barely knew the woman as she was Riley's new friend but she gave me a bad feeling.

"I'm going out for a smoke" I muttered as I downed the rest of my drink before walking away.

Heading outside as I grabbed out the packet from my pocket as I lit on while leaning back on the wall before the male soon appeared as he sent me a smile, almost like a tooth grin, "you were jealous"

"Being jealous would mean I have feelings for you" I scoffed.

"You don't?" He spoke confused and I felt something hit me.

"What and you do?" I huffed.

"I do..." He muttered and I went quiet.

He liked me

And I don't know if I hated him anymore

"We don't have to do anything about it... I know you probably are scared-"

"I do and that's what really scares me Peter" I admitted, "I'm so scared I'm letting myself get hurt"

"Trust me the only thing I would hurt is your mind with how annoying I am" he smiled, attempting to cheer me up and there was a silence

"Luke... Do you wanna be my boyfriend?"

"I'm a lot of work Peter, I have issues and it's not-"

"That's not what I'm asking" he cut me off.

I stayed quiet as I felt the feeling reveal what it was.

I like him.

I like the way he had a tooth smile

I like the way he collected little rocks

I like the way he traced the freckles on my hands when I got nervous.

But I'm to scared to admit that.

"I Uh... don't know...." I whispered, "I'm sorry Peter you shouldn't have to take care of me..." I rushed out before quickly heading back inside.

I felt my eyes well as I sat down at the bar, ordering another drink as a male sat down beside me, he was older than me clearly and had a broad build to him but he sent me a smile and I sent a small one back to avoid trouble. Looking over at Peter who laughed with the others like nothing happened as I looked back forward to avoid breaking down crying.

"Here, you looked quiet upset" the male next to me smiled as he placed a shot in front of me which I downed.

"Thanks" I muttered.

"No problem" he grinned, "I saw you talking to that man over there, you a couple?"

"No, I doubt he ever wants to see me" I sighed.

"Well you seem like a lovely and beautiful man" he hummed as he moved closer to me.

"sorry I'm not interested" I spoke as I felt my body almost feeling to heavy.

"Well that won't matter anymore now will it..." he grinned darkly before he helped me stand and I attempted to walk away but he kept me firmly to his side and I felt him hold something to my side out of view and my body ran cold at the feeling of the gun as he dragged us into the bathroom.

Attempting to swing at him once we got behind the door but I could barely lift my hand in the first place as he smaller his gun into the side of my head, "your a feisty one" he chuckled as he pinned me to the wall and I felt my eyes build up with tears as he coved my mouth so I couldn't scream.

"I'm gonna have fun with you" he chuckled before I felt myself go unconscious and I don't know if a was happy or not about that.

Time skip

The beeping of the machine surrounded me as I heard soft talking as my memory's flooded back making me snap my eyes open ready to defend myself though the only people in the room were Sam and a nurse as she turned to me with a worried look. I wanted to curl up and sob as I could almost feel the males hands on me and the dull ache on my lower back only fuelled the possibility of what could have happened to me.

"Hey hey it's alright Luke, we caught him alright? Peter hurt him like real bad" he reassured me as he rushed over and attempted to bring me into his arms but I shoved him away.

"Don't fucking touch me!" I yelled at him and it must have caused Emily and Peter to rush in.

"Sir I need you to calm down" the nurse instructed.

"Can everyone please just leave!" I begged as I curled in on myself and Emily and Sam backed out.

"Your friend has to stay with you... to avoid you trying to do anything" she stated.

"Fine just fuck off..." I croaked and she left as I moved under my blanket.

"I'm so sorry Luke... I wish... maybe I hadn't asked you never would have talk to him..." he sighed as he sat down at the seat beside my bed.

"How didn't I know.... He... he.. how.." I whispered.

"I don't know.." he muttered, "some people are just monsters... you just are vulnerable to them"

"Did they catch him at least?" I asked.

"Yeah, I Uh also beat the fuck out of him to the point he had to be rushed to another hospital" he mumbled.

"Thank you..." I whispered as I poked my head out and he sent a small smile my way.

"I promise that I'll protect you... I'll protect you and Lily not matter how hard it gets..." he promised.