Part 6 : A father

Start from the beginning

"You don't need to take my orders, Aryan! You can very well decide for yourself!"

Aryan stilled hearing the words.

Aniket looked at Arnav's retreating figure and sighed. He wondered whom was his brother actually punishing. He looked at Ashi who nodded in assurance. Aniket left Aryan's side and walked behind Arnav, taking his plate.

Ashi looked at Aryan and then at Ayaansh. "Go, Ayaansh!"

Ayaansh left quietly. He didn't want to leave but Ashi's voice made them obey without any second thought. He followed Aniket to Arnav's room.

The brothers entered Arnav's room. Arnav was working on his laptop when someone shut his laptop without his consent. Arnav looked up with a glare and saw his younger brother glaring back at him. Ayaansh shook his head at him.

"Aapka kuch nhi ho sakta, Bhaiya!" Both Aniket and Ayaansh said in a perfect sync.

Arnav smiled softly.

"Dinner kar lo aap." Ayaansh settled himself opposite to Arnav and put the plate in front of him.

Arnav sighed. "Kha lunga, bachcha. Rakh de..."

Ayaansh rolled his eyes. "This will not work, Bhaiya! Baaki kaam baad me karo aap. Pehle chal kar kuch khao. Subah se nhi khaya aapne.."

"Mann nhi hai, bachcha.."

"Abhi Khao aap. Dawai leni hai aapko!" Ayaansh tore a morsel and forced it inside Arnav's mouth.

Arnav glared at him.

"Baad me daant lo aap mujhe. Kha le pehle dawai le lo." Ayaansh said as he fed Arnav another morsel.

"Ayaansh.."

"Please, Bhaiya..."

Arnav sighed and pulled him in one sided hug. "Kyun pareshan ho rha hai? Thik hoon mai.."

Ayaansh turned and buried his face in Arnav's chest. "Aap please itna stress mat liya Karo, Bhaiya. Din me bhi aapko chakkar aa gye the. Aap apna dhyaan rakha karo na.."

Arnav patted his head gently. "Haan, bachcha, rakhunga. Tu pareshan mat ho!"

Ayaansh huffed. He knew Arnav was saying that just to console him. Arnav ruffled his hairs. Ayaansh pulled back and tore another morsel.

Arnav stopped him. "Aryan ne khaya?"

"Bhabhi khila degi use. Aap khao.."

"Tune khaya?" Arnav asked. He was quiet sure none of the others had eaten and Ayaansh's silence confirmed it. He sighed. He shouldn't have walked out leaving the meal midway. He took a morsel and brought it to Ayaansh's lips.

Ayaansh had it and offered another one to Arnav.

The sight made Aniket smile. It was the same boy who used to hesitate to enter their rooms without knocking. It was heartwarming to see Ayaansh exerting his rights around them. No one could pull back from Arnav Singhania! The love and affection he offered was second to none!

Aniket knew Arnav had taken the same place in Ayaansh's heart that he had in theirs. And same was for Arnav. A parent's love was reflected in the slightest gestures of care and kindness. The way Arnav had his hand on the edge of table so that Ayaansh wouldn't hurt himself or the way he was making sure to chew his food slowly to match Ayaansh's eating speed. All of it spoke volumes about their changed dynamics.

His eyes blurred as the memories clouded over.

"I'm sorry, Arnav! We're trying all we can but..."