She was distracted by Pablo and Ares's chatter through their bond. "You're awake." She breathed. "I am." He looked and sounded so different. His green eyes had a bright glow. "I was coming to check on you. You've been sleeping for the last—46 hours." Malik was listening to her, but he couldn't ignore how different she looked now.

"What?" She questioned. "You look different." "How so?" He took a moment. "It's like I'm seeing you clearer than ever before." She smiled at his words. "Come on your brothers were worried about you. Although I doubt they'd admit that."

She took his hand and he felt at home, and an overwhelming feeling of peace and acceptance filled him. He followed her downstairs to see his brothers, Nasir, Abraham, Onyx, and Louis sitting in the living room with food and drinks on the coffee table.

"Glad to see you're finally awake," Pablo said rising to his feet and grabbing a drink. Ahsha walked to Ares taking Nasir as he stood. "Did you enjoy your beauty sleep?" At that, the three of them laughed. "I did. Do you two feel—," "Different? Yes." Malik nodded his head.

"I feel a heartbeat I guess in my chest but it's not my own." Malik tried to word what he felt but he knew he sounded crazy. Pablo nodded his head agreeing. "It's like you're not alone, right? According to Ahsha that is the collective breath of the Oyeyemi coursing through us." He explained.

"It's because we are all connected now. She said it's truly a family as opposed to—," "Us." Malik interjected. "Yes." "Can we finish eating?" Ahsha called from where she sat with their son and dogs surrounding her.

==

"I mean she lived a triple life. She was one way with us, one way with Petre, and then the real her. She had two separate families, and we never would've known about it. We have an Aunt and Uncle we never got to know. We have cousins." "Well, I'm sure with Uncle Yahya being with our mother now that'll change," Pablo said. "And I'm sure with how eager Marius was to meet us he'll be around," Ares added.

"When did you meet Petre?" Malik asked. The Living room went silent at his question. "It's just a question. No need to get all tense." He added. Ahsha chuckled. "After I was separated. She took me in I met him a couple of times." "Were you close?" Ares asked. "We were friendly. I never met Gabrielle or her son though. It wasn't like I was hanging around him, but I saw him enough for us to be acquaintances I guess." Pablo explained.

"What happened after we left with Abeba," Ares asked. At that, Nasir screamed until he was red in the face. Ahsha left him to get it all out before he settled still teary-eyed. "I know grandma upset you but they're still here. They didn't go anywhere." She spoke gently to him wiping his face. She poked his nose before laughing as he basically booed what she said. She turned him so he could see his fathers. "See they're right there." She pointed. "What just happened?" Ares said.

"Like I said I can feel his emotions and Abeba—," She paused looking at Nasir who leaned into her looking for comfort. "He loves his grandma, all of them, but he loves you three more. So when they threatened to take you from him—that would not have ended well." The three of them looked at him as he sucked on his pacifier. "But ultimately they all agreed that it was in everyone's best interest that you stayed."

"So they trust us now?" Pablo questioned. "Not exactly." At that, they all groaned. "You have to look at it from their perspective. Say in the future someone hurts Nasir or the girls." All three of them let out low growls. "Exactly. The way you feel at that thought is how my family feels about your actions. It will take time to get on their good side, but I have faith that you all can do it." She smiled.

"Since we're on the subject of your family what's happening with Isaac, Veronica, and Camryn?" Malik asked. "Did you mean what you said about not allowing Veronica to take the Princess title," Ares added. "I don't know much but what I do know is they're talking to each other. Which is progress. Veronica will never have a title. Their child or children might with conditions. I haven't sorted out what we'll do there." She answered.