15

The morning of Arthur's date with Matthew was filled with anticipation and nerves. They had been seeing each other for a few months now, but this was their first official date. Arthur had spent the night before picking out his outfit and trying to find the perfect balance between trendy and professional. He wanted to make a good impression, but he also didn't want to look like he was trying too hard.

Matthew, on the other hand, was as cool and collected as ever. He arrived at Arthur's apartment looking stylish and confident, and the two set off for their day in the city.

The morning began at a coffee shop, where the two sat discussing their week, their hopes and dreams for the future, and the state of the world. Matthew was a fantastic listener, and Arthur found himself opening up to him in a way that he never had with anyone before. They shared stories about their past, their struggles, and their victories, and it felt like they had known each other for years.

From there, they went to an art museum, wandering through the galleries and discussing the different pieces. Matthew, a self-proclaimed art aficionado, knew more than enough to keep the conversation going, and Arthur was in awe of his intellect and passion. They talked about everything from the history of the artists to the meaning behind the pieces, and Arthur felt like he was learning more and more about his date with each passing moment.

As the day went on, they walked through the city, exploring different neighborhoods and taking in the sights and sounds of the bustling city. They talked about everything from politics to pop culture, and it felt like they were both on the same wavelength. The two bounced between topics with ease, always finding something new to discuss and debate.

As the sun began to set, they settled down for dinner at a cozy Italian restaurant. Arthur couldn't help but be impressed by the way Matthew handled ordering for the both of them, the way he knew exactly what the waiter was going to say before he even opened his mouth. It felt like Matthew knew the city inside and out, and Arthur found himself grateful to be with someone who was so at ease in the bustling metropolis.

The dinner was the perfect balance of delicious food and stimulating conversation. They talked about their families, their childhoods, and their thoughts on the world, and it felt like the two were truly getting to know each other for the first in a while.

[435 words]