12

Arthur's mother and father sat down at the kitchen table, their voices shaking as they discussed the prospect of a divorce. It had been something they had been avoiding for a long time, but the time had come to face the reality.

"Sarah, I just can't do this anymore," his father said, his voice breaking. "I can't be with someone who is okay with our son's lifestyle."

Arthur's mother looked at him with sadness in her eyes. "I can't believe this is happening," she said, her voice barely above a whisper. "After all these years, I never thought it would come to this."

Arthur felt his heart sink into his stomach as he listened to his parents discuss the end of their marriage. He knew that it was the best thing for everyone involved, but it still hurt to see his family falling apart.

As they continued to talk, Arthur's mother began to cry. "I don't know what to do, Peter," she said, her voice trembling. "I love our family, but I can't bear the thought of losing my son."

Arthur's father took her hand, his voice softer now. "I understand, Sarah," he said, his voice sympathetic. "But we both have to be true to ourselves, and we have to think about what's best for our children."

Eventually, they came to an agreement, both of them resolving to be the best co-parents they could be to Arthur and his siblings in spite of their differences. It was a difficult decision, but it was one that they knew had to be made. The next day, they filed for a divorce.

Arthur knew that it would be hard on all of them, but he also knew that it was for the best. He would support his mother and father in whatever way he could, and he resolved to be there for his siblings as well. It wasn't the future he had dreamed of, but it was the one he had been given, and he would face it with courage and determination.

[340 words]