10

Arthur's mother and father sat down at the kitchen table, their voices low and tense. Arthur knew that they were having the final talk, the one that would decide his fate.

His father began the discussion, his voice low. "I just can't accept it, Sarah," he said, his eyes downcast. "I can't accept that our son is gay. It's not natural, it's not right."

Arthur's mother's hands clenched into fists on the table. "Peter, you're not going to change Arthur," she said, her voice firm. "And you can't change me. I will always support him, no matter what."

The discussion escalated into an argument, with both parties' voices growing louder and more strident. Arthur's father argued that homosexuality was an abomination, while his mother defended her son's right to live his life as he chooses.

At one point, Arthur's father stood up, his face contorted with anger. "I won't have this in my house," he shouted, his fists clenched. "I won't have my son be a part of this degeneracy."

Arthur's mother stood up to confront him, her eyes narrow and determined. "Peter, you can either accept our son as he is, or you can lose him forever," she said, her voice growing louder. "You have to choose."

The argument went on for a while longer, but finally, Arthur's father made his decision. With a final growl, he left the room, slamming the door behind him.

Arthur's mother sat back down, her eyes filling with tears. "I can't believe this is happening," she whispered, her voice shaking. "I don't know what to do, Arthur."

Arthur put his hand on her shoulder, his heart heavy. "I'll be okay, Mom," he said, his voice steady. "I'll always be here for you."

And with that, the day that Arthur had been dreading finally came to an end. He knew that the road ahead would be difficult, but he was determined to face it with courage and determination. For as long as he lived, he would stand by his mother, no matter what happened.

[340 words]