Chapter 02: Rescue

(Image generated with DALL-E)

****

The scream echoed through your skull, jolting you from sleep.

For a blissful second, you thought it was all a nightmare. Then your bedroom door slammed open with an unnecessary force, and there stood Gojo, disgustingly bright-eyed and dressed for battle.

"It's 6, training time!" His voice boomed.

The world spun, nausea and fury battling for dominance.

"What the actual—" You fumbled for words, finding only a strangled groan. Boldly, he marched over to you and yanked the covers off, and a blast of cold air hit your exposed skin.

"Gojo!" you yelped, scrambling to cover yourself. "Privacy!"

 Of course, the idiot chose this moment to look amused.

Still enshrouded in sleep, you grabbed the nearest object and flung it at the intruding teacher. Gojo effortlessly dodged the flying missile, as if he had anticipated your reaction.

"Good morning to you too, sunshine," he chirped, utterly unfazed. 

You barely restrained yourself from throwing another object his way. Rubbing your eyes in a futile attempt to focus, you were already plotting various ways to metaphorically kill him in your mind.

Clearly, he had reverted to his old childish self after his overbearing behavior the previous night.

He closed the gap and gently brushed a loose strand of hair from your face. Gone was the mocking smirk, replaced by something gentler. "Get ready," he said, a hint of that midnight softness in his voice.

Then he vanished, leaving you in a haze of confusion and lingering warmth.

What the hell.

You collapsed back onto the bed, burying your face in the pillow. A muffled scream was the only adequate response.

What's wrong with this man? And seriously, what have you gotten yourself into?

****

What's wrong with this man? You thought. Again.

The question ran through your mind, each repetition amplifying the throbbing behind your eyes as exhaustion threatened to overwhelm you. Your gaze drifted to Yuji and Nobara, equally sleep-deprived, shuffling the laps around the training ground alongside you in a semi-conscious daze. 

Despite Gojo's complaints of insomnia just yesterday, his current energy level stood in stark contrast to your own exhaustion.

The sun rose, drenching the training ground in an unforgiving blaze. Heat surged through your head, and you couldn't discern whether it was due to the scorching heat or the onset of a fever.