Ch. 14 Fighting for my Mate

~Jax~

"I've never second guessed my decision to become a pack with you and Dom. Not once. But this? It's like you've become paranoid as hell. I have known her my entire life, Xan. She never wanted to be an omega, and now her biggest fear is to be with a pack that doesn't treat her well. This is going to end the courtship before it begins. And if she goes, Xander, I'll follow her. I have wanted her as my mate since I was 13, and the gods granted that prayer. I won't spit in their face," I seeth as I look from the stupid contract to my prime.

Shaking my head, I push away from the table. I have half a mind to go with Dom. I can't believe this. I thought after last night he was trying.

"Jax, I'm protecting the pack. I don't want us wasting our time and money on her if all she is after is our money." He almost sounds like he's pleading.

"You still don't get it. It's not like she's a chosen. She had no idea we were her mates, Xan. None. She was just as blindsided as we were. How could she be after our money when, before last night, she didn't even know who you were?"

He stops what he's doing and stares at me, like he's never considered this.

I shake my head. "For such a smart man, you can be a real dumbass."

"Okay, I understand a bit where you're coming from and that is a fair point. I'll hold off on asking her to sign the agreement for now. I just.. Courtney almost tore us apart. I don't want that to happen again." He hangs his head.

I know what happened with Courtney really fucked with Xander. He shoulders the weight of it, because he was really the one that pushed for her. He feels like that makes him a shit Prime. It's not his fault, she was a viper and none of us could have known what she was going to do.

"I know you're worried. But, she's our godsdamned fated mate, man. She was made especially for us. If you fuck this up, then that bitch Courtney still wins. If you are bitter and jaded because of her and lose out on our true mate, she. Fucking. Wins."

"Fuck. I know, okay? I know. I just don't know how to actually go about letting Noelle in or get close to her." He huffs a sigh and looks at me. I can see the inner turmoil, the war waging in his mind about taking a chance on Noelle. I know his intentions where our pack is concerned are in the right place, however misguided his actions may be. He's our Prime for a reason, and that is a heavy cross to bear. However, that isn't going to stop me from fighting for my mate. Noelle has been my dream for years, and not even this stubborn alpha before me will stop me from claiming her.