Ch. 10 Mate McGrumpy

~Noelle~

I never asked for any of this. I never even wanted to be an omega or be mated to alphas. I just want my life to go back to where I was in control. I want to have choices again. I can't imagine my life being tied to someone as absolutely awful as Xander. I should have known this was my destiny.

I haven't been gone from the house for long, walking aimlessly because I really have no clue where I am and it's late, when I hear someone yelling my name. I turn to see Dom running after me. I smile a little at the sight of him following after me, and I slow my steps.

"I'm sorry about him. He'll get his head out of his ass, or we'll pull it out for him," he says as he comes up beside me.

"That's the thing, I don't want you and Jax to have to force anything on him. I don't want him to resent me as a mate. Maybe fate made a mistake."

He sucks in a sharp breath. "You don't know that. We just met today. Give us a chance. Give this mate bond a chance." There's a pleading in his voice that matches the pleading look he's giving me.

I know I'll regret the next words out of my mouth. "Fine, I won't reject the bond. Yet. We can all get to know each other. But, I won't let him treat me like I'm not good enough to lick the dirt off his shoe. I might not be the perfect omega, but I'm not a doormat." I huff.

A blinding smile breaks out across his face. "You're the perfect omega for us. The gods made sure of that. Come back to the house with me to at least get your stuff. We'll make sure Mate McGrumpy doesn't bother you unless he can be nice." He holds his hand out for me to take.

I hesitate for just a second before locking my hand in his and following him back to the house. I just hope I don't regret giving them a chance.