𝐢𝐢. welcome to velaris !

Börja om från början

Mor noticed the fall of his face. "She does know about being your mate, right?" Rhys didn't answer. "Rhysand?"

He winced. "She may or may not know about it." Mor grabbed her heel and went to throw it at the High Lord, but Rhys held his hands up and waved them. "I haven't had a chance to tell her. What with everything going on, her dying, I thought I would keep this bit to myself until she wasn't on the verge of a mental breakdown."

It sounded like a good idea in his head, but as he said it out loud . . . well, it just sounded like a weak excuse to keep him from losing her. Though, with how quiet she'd been lately, he felt as if he'd already lost her. He tried asking her what was going on, but she'd always brush it off and say it was nothing. Rhys was getting worried. Especially during their shared dreams, when he saw how tired and skinny she looked. 

Mor sighed heavily and pinched the bridge her nose in frustration. "Great. Now Cass and Az have to keep this secret from her. And you know how bad Cass is at keeping secrets from people." Cassian opened his mouth to protest but Mor stopped him. "Sorry, people close to us. He can't keep his big mouth shut. Ever."

Cassian crossed his arms. "I'm not that bad." The two gave him a look and he frowned. "Okay, maybe I am. But I'm working on it. And I won't spill, Rhys. I promise."

Rhys let out a breath and nodded. "I would appreciate that very much."

"Appreciate what?" 

The members of the Inner Circle whipped around quickly, Rhys's eyes widening when they locked with the bright irises of Anastasia. She stood behind them, her golden hair in a loose braid and her lips tugged in a pout of confusion that made his heart quicken within his chest. There was a bag over her shoulder, and her usual dual kindjals were sheathed at her sides. 

Rhysand couldn't speak. He couldn't believe she was there. Sure, he knew the bargain they'd made would force them into seeing each other no matter what, but still. Two weeks. It'd been two weeks since he'd seen her last, and yet it felt as though it had been two hundred years. He hadn't realized just how much he missed her being there physically until that moment.

Pick your jaw up from the floor, my love. You'll catch flies if it stays open any longer. Ana's voice filled his head, reminding him that she could see him. 

He quickly straightened himself up and allowed his usual smirk to settle on his lips. "Darling."

Ana's pout turned into a bright smile as she dropped her bag and ran to him, practically jumping into his arms. Rhys caught her, laughing as her legs wrapped around his waist and her arms circled his neck. He allowed his head to nestle in her neck, taking a moment to just breathe her in. She was there. She was actually there.

He ignored the astounded looks on Mor's and Cassian's faces and just allowed himself this moment. The pounding of her heart and the feel of her skin against his was a reminder of her existence. Maybe the momentary death of her had affected him more than he'd wished to admit. 

"It's good to see you, darling," he muttered into her hair.

He felt her smile against his shoulder. "It's good to see you, my love."

A throat cleared from beside them, followed by a smack and a yelp. Ana slowly settled herself on the ground and let go of Rhys, leaving him feeling cold. Rhys looked over to see that Mor had slapped Cass's arm, seeing as he was probably the one to cough and interrupt the moment. 

"Sorry about him. He did not receive enough oxygen in the womb," Mor said, directing her comment to Ana. "I'm Morrigan, Rhys's cousin. But you can call me Mor."