tear you apart [Adrienette]

Start from the beginning

Her & the other two where there to provide domestic services, it was a low grade job but she couldn't help but thank her lucky stars that she wasn't the one being bitten, sucked to the point of disorientation.

Now, Marinette knew Mr Agreste had a son, a son she had never met as he had reached maturity before she was born. She knew the Agrestes' aswell as the Graham De Vanily family was a family of pure blood lineage which typically meant that if a child was conceived there was a 100% chance that they would be a vampire. The child would grow normally but once reaching the age of eighteen they'd begin to age at a slower rate, Marinette shuddered at the thought.

Then there were the half bloods, like that of the bourgeois - still impactful, but not nearly as much as the other clans, similar to pure bloods a full vampire was most typical but throughout their ancestry mating with humans had occurred meaning that the chance of producing a human heir was there. From what Marinette had heard, anytime that a human child was born they were treated as if they were blood slaves until they met the age of eighteen then they were changed into what was considered a mixed blood vampire.

Humans changed into vampires were shun on both sides of the spectrum not human enough to be considered human, and not vampiric enough to be considered a vampire. Marinette did hold a little sympathy for them - they didn't have a choice, it was thrusted upon them without question.

Vampire lineage was a confusing thing Marinette decided at the age of eleven, her vampire biology class taught her all about it - the facility making jabs at humans who had became vampires, claiming that they were pathetic.

Marinette was a dutiful cleaner, she was neat in taking care of Mr Agrestes' home even if her part of the servant quarters tended to be in complete disarray. Nathalie was afforded the luxury of a room on the second floor of dark gothic mansion, it was empty and silent - it was unnerving - Marinette believed that Mr Agreste had so many blood slaves due to his loneliness, in the seven years she had served him he had not received a letter or anything from his son.

That was until he called Marinette to his office - her heart pounded against her chest, something she was sure he could hear thanks to supersonic hearing, but she tried to ignore the fact.

She gave the large door a knock, it was late in morning the sun would be rising soon and vampires and slaves would be off to bed, so she found it odd he'd call on her at this time.

"Enter." He spoke in a tone devoid of emotion, which did nothing to ease her anxieties, "You wanted to see me sir?" Marinette spoke from just beside the door.

He leaned back in his chair, holding a letter - a smile itched to etch itself on his face but he composed himself, "You are aware I have a son aren't you?"

Marinette nodded, "Yes, Sir." She didn't ask questions, she wasn't permitted to - it was uncouth to do so in the presence of a high ranked vampire - the facility taught her that much through multiple different corporal punishments.

"He is to be joining us within the next week, it's been almost twenty years since I last saw him - so, I know i normally never permit entry to his room but I wanted it dusted, polished and sparkling for his arrival, have i made myself clear?" he pushed his glasses up his nose.

"Yes, sir." well that was easy - Marinette could do that with no issue, her anxieties began to quell.

He hadn't dismissed her so Marinette had her self firmly rooted in place, "I would also like to request that you in particular take care of him."

Marinette could also do that, she'd happily scribe his letters, clean his clothes, the lot. "I can do that no issue sir."

Gabriel wasn't sure if she understood the weight of his words, "You know that means serving him your blood if he requests." and she bit back a squeak, "I-I understand, sir."