Chapter # 30

••• Zaniel •••

Emotions can be lethal.

They made you do what you were never supposed to do.

"Cinzel is toying with you, she is completely under Prince's charm." Father sighed, holding his forehead.

"No, it's a pretense for gaining his trust." I reasoned, not wanting to believe the reality in front of me as it will be too much for me to bear.

"You are naive if you believe she is on our side. That woman is double crossing us." He said sternly but my heart couldn't accept it.

She loves me after all. She came back to me because she can't leave me like I am incapable of removing her from my soul.

"She is not."

"It's clear from her behavior, her roots are already strong and having Prince and Plague Doctor by her side made her absolute. She was no longer the innocent girl you could control, today's meeting was the proof of it. She is not on our side anymore." Father sighed, holding his forehead in disappointment.

Knowing we cannot go against her or form a rebellion and if Nathaniel came too, then we have to drop our weapons.

'When Prince is afraid of him, then who are we to face him?'

"Don't vex, Dad. Nothing of this sort will happen." I tried to assure him but his words evoked a strange tension in my heart as well.

"And what will you do if you find out she was using you all this time?" He said bitterly, rolling his eyes.

My whole being stiff under the pressure of his words, trying to apprehend but soon a scowl appeared on my face to think how much it was gonna shatter me to think the person I love deceived me by using me.

Exhaling sharply, I replied in a low tone,

"I will kill her myself."

••• Prince •••

"I want you to remain like this... forever." Cinzel murmured on my neck, hugging me from behind.

"Why? Don't you like my beastly side?" I smirked, glancing and putting my hand over hers. I also didn't want you to be frightened of me but today was the proof that you have started your depraved path.

Sadly, I failed.

"No... I don't want to be scared of you."

Her voice came out husky, snuggling to my neck, not opening her eyes but holding me securely.

"It's okay to be afraid." I said softly, taking her hands in mine and kissing them.

Turning to her, I gently pushed her down, moving on top of her, espying how adorable she looked in my white buttoned shirt.

Kissing her nose, I smiled, stroking her hair, "You have changed my nights and days, now even my breaths are lost." I said, scrutinizing her angelic form.

"How so?" She smirked, moving her hand from my bare shoulder to my neck.

"Because once they were mine but now... they exist for you." I whispered the last part in her ear, earning a low chuckle of touching her untouched keen emotions which have begun to travel in the city of my heart.

"Why can't we stay like this forever Prince?"

Her dismayed tone came, my eyes grasping dreams glistening in her eyes.

'How do I tell you I lived the moments where I shared breaths with you as my guide...?'

"One day we will..." I whispered softly, kissing her forehead.