Chapter # 2

...Sometimes perfection comes with darkness...

1 Year Earlier

Things were going beautifully well in my life.

How absolute things were, fitting right into my hand and wrapped around my fingers, not having to chase the darkness which could steal my light.

Everything defines perfection.

"Cinzel!"

Recognizing the voice of my fiance Zaniel, an instant smile crept upon my lips, turning to him. My azure gaze met his hazel one, smiling tenderly at me with pure affection.

"Yeah?"

Smiling, I turned to him. After turning 22 and completing my graduation, I was doing a job. A normal life...

"Are you free after work?" He asked sweetly. His long brown curly hair, grinning at me.

I nodded, setting my long raven hairs, "Great. Can I pick you up after work? I want to show you something special."

He smiled, taking my hand.

"Sure."

"Okay then. I will see you after work."

He smiled and left after kissing my cheeks and dropping me at work.

It had been two years of our engagement. Zaniel was twenty-four and the only heir of his family, they had spoiled him, he was the eldest.

Since he was the most loved child, his parents agreed for a middle class girl like me. Loving me as much as he loved me, even they adored me.

I have been loved and treated like a queen all my life. Things were so surreal that I can't believe them, it's nothing but a fairytale.

My fairytale.

'Only if I knew things were not as I perceived them and it was only the prologue.'

After work, Zaniel was outside, all in his aesthetic form, wearing his black office shirt, first two buttons opened, sleeves rolled upward perfectly, smiling at my form.

Being the eye-catching one, all girls were gawking at him but he was mine.

Smirking at the thought, I walked up to him.

"Are you here to entice other women?" I teased, putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Not women, but a woman. The one my eyes are fixed upon." He smirked, holding my waist, kissing my cheek.

"How was your day?" He asked.

"Usual. Yours?"

"Same."

He took my hand and gallantly opened the door of the car for me.

"Go ahead Ma'am." He said politely, making me chuckle.

"Sure." I smiled and sat in the car as we drove off.

"Cinzel." He called me, I hummed, using my phone.

"I love you." He said.

I chuckled, pinching his cheeks, "Me too."

"Hey, I am driving." He frowned, pulling my hand back as I laughed a little.

"By the way, where are we going?" I asked, watching as we went into the woods.

"To a special place." He smirked. I smirked back, thrilled to know where he is taking me this time. Last time he showed me a waterfall he found in the forest, I wonder what it is this time.