告白而無法擺脫真相

Start from the beginning

I recall back to the night of the Full Moon Ceremony. It was him who performed it. The whole scene played as a memory of mine, but I knew that this memory didn't belong to me. He had complete control over me.

Many similar memories play in my head. The most terrifying memory was of the moment when I first met him. He truly was my creator, the one who put me into existence.

And I was just some glitch that he contained into the body of a mob.

"Truth hurts, doesn't it? Your reaction is more or less the same every time. You and I are both glitches, two beings that shouldn't even exist."

I wanted to deny everything, but I couldn't. It explained my abilities. It explained my weaknesses and who I was as a whole.

I am just a glitch.

~

"Wither!" Someone sighs. "Guys, he isn't waking up..."

"Wait, he's moving!"

My eyes snap open and I sit up instantly. I was transported back to the floor of that house.

"Woah, woah, settle down, dude! You've been unconscious for over an hour! You need to take it easy..." The whole class sat in a circle around me, their faces painted with worried expressions.

Herobrine enters the room. "Oh, he's awake. Well done, class."

At the sight of him, I scurry backwards. His eyes were identical to his...

"Dude, you alright? You look like you've just seen a ghost!" Zombie says. The others nod in agreement. I sit there quietly, not uttering a response.

"Oh! Well, if you're wondering where Skeleton is, he is super worried about you. In fact, I think you should tell him you're awake!" Slime says, almost suggestively, "He's sitting alone outside!"

The others practically shove me outside before slamming the door shut behind them. There Skeleton was, draped in his cloak. He had his back turned, and his knees were pulled close to his chest.

I put my own issues aside and walk over to him, worried. I gently tap his shoulder, not wanting to startle him.

"Wither, you're awake!" He exclaims, "Are you okay?! I'm really sorry about the way I acted earlier... I should've offered to come with you instead of letting you go off alone..."

"Skeleton, it's no big deal," I say.

"No big deal? Wither, Herobrine found you passed out on his floor! On top of that, you were barely breathing! Do you have any idea how worried I was?!" His voice was shaky. I could tell he was desperately trying to hold in tears. My heart churned at the sight.

"...I'm sorry." It was all I could think of to say. Watching Skeleton being so distressed and worried over my wellbeing was not something I ever wanted.

"No, I am...," he says quietly, "Sometimes I just say things without thinking... But the thing is, I... I care about you, Wither. If anything ever happened to you, I wouldn't know what to do..."

I take a seat next to him, gently patting his shoulder. "Don't worry so much, Skeleton. I'm okay. I am fully capable of taking care of myself."

"I know," he says quietly, "It's just..." He goes silent for a few moments, turning his head away.

My gaze softens. I didn't press on, enjoying the moment of silence between us. The silence was peaceful, a solemn and pleasant feeling. That feeling went away when I remember the encounter I had with him. I attempt to ward off these thoughts, but they just kept coming back. They circulate again and again through my mind, a never ending cycle of nothing but despair.