無助滿月 兩之一

**十九 (Chapter 19)
eng: The helpless full moon 1/2

A/n: Longggg chapter.

~

Skeleton

~

I was currently hiding beneath the same narrow bed as Don opened the door. The other wither skeleton whom I didn't know the name of rushed to the door.

"Ah, guards! How may we help you on this fine day?"

"We've had several sightings of more alleged intruders," the guard says, "We're searching through every civilian's home."

"Is that so?" The taller says, "I've heard rumors that the intruders were headed towards the mirage."

"We already have a search party on it. Now, if you don't mind." The guards step inside. "We apologize for any inconvenience. But our Lord's safety is always our upmost concern."

"But of course," Don says, "search as you please."

What now? There were about three guards currently in the small house. It won't take them long to find me.

Think of a plan, Skeleton...

Oh! The window!

As I remembered, Don still had his window cracked wide open. This time, without any hesitation, I pull myself out from underneath the bed.

Luckily, the window was placed about a story above the ground. The worst injury I would endure would be soreness from the drop.

Footsteps are approaching... It's now or never. I need to meet up with Wither.

I leap out of the window, my feet landing perfectly on the Netherite ground.

Wither... Where could he be? This place is huge... He could be anywhere...

The palace. That's my number one priority right now. I need to free Creeper and Slime from this hell.

~

Wither

~

When the Queen heard the news about my return, she was overjoyed.

"Welcome back, my love. You have no idea how concerned your father and I were when you ran away..."

"I'm forever regretful of my foolish decision, mother," I say, "The outside realm was unforgiving."

The Lord sat elegantly on his throne. He seemed deep in thought.

"Your return was timely, my love. The full moon ceremony is tomorrow night."

The full moon ceremony. In the Overworld, the closest celebration in comparison was New Year's.

Every year during the full moon ceremony, one 'lucky' wither skeleton is chosen by the Lord to be sacrificed. It is said that the one that is sacrificed has their soul devoured by our savior.

It was a sick tradition that always made me sick to my stomach. As a child, I was always fearful of being chosen.

"But of course, mother," I say, "How could I miss such an important event?"

"Ash." The Lord rises from his throne, striding towards me. "This year, I'd like for you to lead the ceremony."

What? "Father, I-!"