↳ 𝕞𝕒𝕥𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕔𝕙𝕠𝕠𝕝 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕗𝕚𝕝𝕖 𝕡𝕚𝕔𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕤 ・❥・: ̗̀➛

Start from the beginning

"You only say that cuz you're a girl, so that means you don't know anything about them."

"Yes I do! I know they're a stupid thing that doesn't exist!"

"Do too! You're just blind!"

Aubrey scowled. At the rate they were going at, no one would believe they were a genuine couple.

"ᴡʜʏ ᴅɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜ and Kel change your profile pictures?"

That was the question Aubrey got from tons of kids she didn't even know after she and Kel were done fake dating. The bullies were done with them, so after making sure, they ended their fake dating scheme and changed their school profile pictures to whatever they wanted. She wasn't expecting other people in the school to find it interesting enough to ask about it.

It felt so weird to think people were actually interested in their fake relationship. What was so cool about it? They didn't and never needed to know it was fake, but why did they think a real relationship between them existed? It wasn't like they ever acted like a real couple or anything like how Hero and Mari acted. Aubrey even threw Kel's shoes down the toilet yesterday for fun, and they were done with their fake dating anyway—but Kel didn't know. Yet. Probably. Maybe.

"Some people are going into detective mode," Sunny told her when she talked about it to him and Mari. "I hear people talking about why you 'broke up'. My favourite is that Kel found out you're secretly an alien disguised as a human planning to take down Earth with your other alien friends."

"Why am I the alien?"

"Kel being the alien is too obvious."

Aubrey had to admit he wasn't wrong.

"You're just gaining a lot of attention because of being 'that one couple'," said Mari. "Hero and I were 'that one couple' in middle school, too. Also, people in middle school don't exactly get relationships. Matching profile pictures is enough for them."

Aubrey hid her shudder. She and Kel being 'that one couple'. That was so weird to think about...

"Anyway, people probably just liked your Kaito and Meiko profile pictures," continued Mari. "Who doesn't like Vocaloid?"

"You promised you would take me to a Hatsune Miku concert," Sunny reminded Mari.

"Don't worry, I'll take you to your Hatsune Miku concert one day." Mari smiled at him before turning back to Aubrey. "Anyway, don't think too much about it. If it means something, then we'll find out in the future."

Aubrey's jaw dropped. "This means nothing! Kel and I have nothing in common! There's no way I would ever actually date him!"

Mari laughed as the rest of their friend group joined them. When they asked why she was laughing, Sunny spared Aubrey from answering by saying Mari forgot about her promise to take him to a Hatsune Miku concert.

. . .

ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴀᴜʙʀᴇʏ ᴀɴᴅ Kel were in high school, their school profile pictures changed again to the same Kaito and Meiko profile pictures they had back in middle school. This time, it wasn't just their school profile pictures, though. Their profile pictures on other social media accounts too, all different matching photos of Kaito and Meiko. Aubrey was always Meiko, and Kel was always Kaito.

"I never thought you'd go back to your matching Kaito and Meiko profile pictures," Mari told Aubrey as she scrolled through all of Aubrey and Kel's social media accounts. "Do you have new bullies you need to keep away?"

"No bullies this time," Aubrey responded. "Just something he thought of that we could do again. Kaito and Meiko are a cute ship, anyway—which I got him to admit."

"You guys really like them, huh?" Mari smiled. "Maybe more people will get interested in your fake relationship."

Aubrey smiled back. She and Kel hadn't told Mari or anyone else yet, but their matching profile pictures should help him guess what they haven't said. And, even if they didn't, they could just tell them when they were ready.

They weren't planning to change their profile pictures anytime soon though. That meant no one asking them why they changed it, and the chances were that they wouldn't be "that one couple" like they were in middle school. It didn't matter, though, since the best part was still safe: Since their relationship wasn't ending anytime soon, and she hadn't felt like doing anything mean to him since they started dating, Kel's shoes were safe from Aubrey and the toilet—for now.

- - - -

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚊𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚗 𝚊 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 @_𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚋𝚘𝚢_𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚣𝚘_ (𝚑𝚎/𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢) 𝚘𝚗 𝚃𝚒𝚔𝚃𝚘𝚔! 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚣𝚘, 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜, 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚘! 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚖𝚎, 𝙿𝚒𝚡 (@𝚚𝚙𝚔𝚞𝚛𝚞𝚖𝚊 𝚘𝚗 𝚃𝚒𝚔𝚃𝚘𝚔)! 𝙰𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢, 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚢 𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚒 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜? 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚣𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚎'𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚝.

𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝 (𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚕𝚞𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙰/𝙽): 𝟷𝟸𝟶𝟽