Chapter 143 - Planets

Start from the beginning

We've gone to pay a quick visit around the settlement looking to help and in one of the main chambers of the mine resides both Garry and Jaxon shouting at some workers for taking a rest. I can now imagine both of them wielding whips down to Eve being a huge pain in the arse, the miners deserve no sypathy though. All of them look guilty as sin.

The mines themselves have basically become a massive hub for farming and residential right now with any labourers having to switch up their jobs accordingly to accommodate for everyone. It wouldn't surprise me if mining activities have completely stopped due to the production of filtration systems, gasmasks and heaters but surviving always comes first. We're going to get through this without a single person dying from the ice age, mark my words. Then, we're going to get revenge on the bastard God who did this... Or Denver if he set it off for an evil reason.

(Ikarus) "Do you need two need help with anything?"

"What? Oh, apologies lasses but there isn't much for you to help out on"

"The gnome's right, we already rely on the two queens way too much as well so asking for anymore is disgraceful"

'This settlement really doesn't need us... it makes me strangely proud'

Heh, to think we've made this settlement so self-reliant that even our help is getting turned away. This isn't the first time today this has happened already.

Before visiting here, we already visited Marcus and Ariza, both of them didn't need anything either. Heck, even Penelope over at the Magi guild was fine. The mages themselves are pretty arrogant when it comes to receiving aid so they've been dealing with this crisis separately. The Adventures are the opposite though, they've been giving assistance underground to everyone for the most part.

Now that the workers who have just been disciplined and the two others have made a move on back down into the deeper areas of the mines, it's up for us to decide what to do and honestly, Petra is similar to me when it comes to this sort of thing. We really have no normal hobbies and I'm not exaggerating!

"So... what do we do now then Petra? I'm starting to feel like we need to find something really mundane to do with or without each other"

"Heh, can think or something that's always great to do together if you catch my meaning Ikarus"

...

Okay, at least that confirms it, a bored Petra equals a horny Petra. I'm more than happy to do it with her every night but still, we can't be doing it every second of the day, right? Should probably mention that seemed to be a joke but I'm not completely sure...

"*Sighhh*... all you can do is think with your pants right now. Seriously though, what should we do?"

"Heh, hmm... could always go for a walk up on the surface again, maybe we might find something interesting going on this time around?"

Just given how crammed the mines are right now and the fact I can still get a little claustrophobic at times, going outside is always preferred, only was ever offering to help out of boredom anyways. Spending every second down here would drive me insane.

"Eh, let's give that a try then..."

__________

"Every single second of this is hell cow. Why did I agree to not use the bird body?"

"Hehe, just enjoy the moment girly boy! We've already done loads together with your new body, just embrace it Zeki! You wouldn't be able to breathe with your beak anyways"

"You two can be really weird at times"

Okay, going for a walk was an inspired decision by Petra and right now, we're witnessing six planets walking around the deep snow in the settlement, makes me think we're witnessing a miracle or something happening right now. By planets, you should understand what I mean by that now...