I held him by his caller and dragged his body to the wall of the fort and threw him harshly, his head collided and he fumbled on the ground. He held it tightly, bleeding over the top of his head, he touched his forehead, saw the red liquid and panicked.  I held him back and this time I threw his entire body on the wall. He hit the shoulders and body, but he tried to attack me, I dodged him and he curled on the ground with his impact.

I know Zehra is watching me, for a month and a half later she is watching me and I am nothing but an animal. That one animal, she has witnessed for a long time in our present.

In our past? I was the same demon that clouded to be her biggest nightmare.
Still a monster I am. But before it was to disrupt her and now it was to protect her.

I didn't change but my feelings did.

Zehra met my eyes before I held the man up again. I know she isn't affected to see me monstrous like this. Even on that day at the brothel, she was the only woman who met my eyes while everyone was disgusted by the blood I had over me. She held me captive six years ago, and she held me captive that day again.

With a realization of how much I missed her. But not anymore. There is nothing I will miss, now whatever there will be, it will be with me.

How do I know? I did wrong with her, and she will not forgive me. I know.
But I was ready to live on a stone for her. I will live on her door for her. Even if she punishes me that fate for eternity. A glimpse of my Zehra every morning, isn't that what was needed? The reason to wake up every day making worth.

That's all, I will survive on her threshold for that morning glimpse.

I looked a the man who was bleeding from his head and was unconscious, I took him toward the door, and holding his hand one of the doors, I removed my shankar's rudraksh I have worn all my life and tied his hand with the heavy metal door. His hand in between the gap, was a loose knot but the man had partially lost his state of awareness to run away.

He touched Zehra with those hands, he threw Zehra will those hands in the most cruel fate. Shouldn't they bleed?

And I took the other heavy metal door and shut the door on his hand, and he cried out in pain. Yes. Bastard. No one will hear you. Same way, no one heard Zehra. I opened the door and shut it back again and as the door moved back and forth. His hand was turned into pulp, all his fingers broken and bleeding.

He cried, wailing like a child but I didn't stop

He cried, wailing like a child but I didn't stop. I am not sure how many times I shut the door, jnfile his muscles fell open of hands and the bleeding hid the scattered muscles.

I then undid his broken hands and took him towards the centre when he couldn't move anymore, my eyes travelled to Zehra. She looked amazed by what I had just done.

She has seen my worst, but she never ran away from me. And maybe that was the hope that still had me on my feet, and not already crawling towards her in my knees.

That was just the way she understood I was a monster, she would understand once I was naive.

A stupid rebellious kid who thought pain could only be returned with pain. Pain can be returned with ignorance and karma eventually hits those people.
All this mess was men created and Zehra suffered. I was immature to agree to those delirious ideas but Zehra made me mature enough to understand that revenge shouldn't lead to another revenge.

The limbless man lay on the sleek floor. I ran my hand in my pocket and made a call to Babasaheb after one and a half months. He picked up immediately, "Daiwik," He had been in London lately because Aadheesh Agnivanshi, his brother got into a car accident.

"Babasaheb, I need to use the torture place."

"Just don't get caught." His words were brief. Before I nodded.

And this time with lots of guts hanging up I looked at Zehra who was watching the whimpering man on the floor.
I pushed the phone in my back pocket. And walked toward Zehra, she must have felt my closing because she still didn't see me. I reached her, held her chin and raised her face and she met my eyes, and she stared at me briefly.
“48 days, I have waked up with the memory of your face, then the verity of you. Hope to see you perhaps tomorrow. 1149 hours I have spent, knowing my heart is beating only because you live in it, Zehra. And with 22000 every breath of every day. Only one name escapes in the cascade of air. Zehra. Don't forgive me. Never forgive me. And spent the entire life me, avenging what I have done with you. Even if your presence will only make my life even more beautiful, spend whatever there is, to try and make it hell. Don't love me for the years that passed, love me for the years that are yet to come? Please?" I asked her, begging her the truth of the number of times I hate counted days.

She closed her eyes, and she jumped in my arms, the gush of air left escaped me but I hugged her back as tightly.
Her entire body on me, while I picked her up from the floor and held her tightly on my chest.
"World might be 24,901 miles long. But mine fits withing my arms!" I spoke and she started to cry on my chest.

"It was always you, it will always be with you. Maybe we were a lie for you Daiwik because you set the game. But for me? I was always in love with you, because even before, it was the idea of you that kept me, the hope of you. I lived for? And those were not lies. You were there? You did make all struggles. Did the intention matter? No. Because you made the amends. And Dev asked me a question before he left.
If I am going to condemn you for how it started or for how you changed.
And I am going to hold onto where you changed. Because even for me, whatever beats inside the cage of bones? It's yours."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last line is the most beautiful line I have ever written.

STAY TUNED FOR EPILOGUE...

And please drop your comments yaar! I am dreading this chapter!!