28. Selaab

ZEHRA

"I love you,"

His one confession let me strangle in confusion, was it meant only to step on Abhiraj and Vidyut or was it meant and directed to hear back?

Can I say it back?

I don't know, I have never said it openly, he has said it many times, but these three words have ruled out of my vocabulary. And while I was in the chaos of intention. He did not pressure it on me, and he turned around almost immediately, walking out, did not turn around once.

"Wow! He is a real good guy!" Sarisha jumped next to me, I was frozen in my place looking at the hand, that he held while saying those beautiful words to me, my mind lingering over the fact if he wanted to hear it back.

"Of course! Daiwik is always around I trust him with all my heart! And he is such a decent guy!" Taara said from behind. I smiled at the response, "I will come back, right now!" I said, and without any delay, I ran towards the door, my eyes lingering upon them sitting in their cars, in the narrow alleyway, covering the whole roadway.

Before they were inside they all halted, "Is everything okay?" Abhiraj asked about my running state, I nodded but I turned to Daiwik, who looked surprised, I did not think much and I just jumped my hands on his shoulders and tip-toed to kiss his cheek, his eyes wide!

He did not react, but I pulled back. "Bye!" I said, in response, and he nodded, sitting in the car. Abhiraj's eyes travelled to Taara in the doorway. But he sits already like Vidyut who did not spare a glance at Sarisha and drove away first, others after him.

I watched their cars disappear, Taara and Sarisha conversing together when I approached.

I don't know how the day went, but there was nothing more beautiful than what today was after a year of dreadful life.

The openness with friends, the travelling, the markets, the forts. They bought so many things and offered to buy them for me but I simply said I do not like anything I saw.

I chose to save the cash in me, to send to Ammi at the end of the month, Taara thought I don't have money but I cleared her doubt by buying this beautiful purse I liked in the market, which cost me 400bucks but it an additional one with beautiful handiwork on it.

When we reached my house, three cars that left earlier were lined up straight already, and there stood the three men, Abhiraj's hand crossed on his chest. Daiwik's behind his back. And Vidyut's in his pocket.

They saw us walking and pulling the front of Taara's driver, as we came outside together,
"You all are waiting here?" Sarisha asked, climbing up the stairs, Vidyut fake coughing in response. I don't like his attitude towards Sarisha. He tries to suppress her.

But her eyes gleams with realisation as she joined her hand, to greet Abhiraj in a manner.

She did in the morning too, but I was focused on Daiwik which I did not realise. Vidyut took the bags from her hand, almost immediately.

"I told you I can come home myself! You did not have to come to look for me," Taara said when he just smiled. "I wanted to!" he then stepped down to where she and I was.

"Zehra!" He said in a greeting and I gave a nod, looking at my feet,

"Let's go home, Babasaheb, I will talk to Jasvanthya about your offer. Let's see, what he has to say," He said and Abhiraj gave a curt nod. Walking Sarisha to her car opened the door for her, and stood there until she was completely settled, even doing her belt for her, but she did not seem bothered by him. He then went other side driving her away.