48. Barbadi 2.0

ZEHRA

1 MONTH LATER ~

I sat on the floor lower to the window that was always cast with things that Daiwik had sent for me, for years. My eyes closed while my mind was travelling over the images of us together, a subtle vibration on my lap. And I was well aware of what that vibration was for.

It's been a month. A month since all the truth was revealed to me, one month to when I was shattered by the hand of the man who had glued me together.

But why, the pain of what he did feels more nominal than the assertion of never seeing Daiwik again?
A month, since I have been ignoring attempts of his.

The ringing stopped, and the vibration of my lap was haltered. Few heartbeats, and once again the vibration rang through. Every day, I opened my eyes, the moulded walls that were now covered with fresh pain, he had helped my mother with, my gaze settled on it.

I lowered my chin, watching the call cut again, the numbers of how many times I had ignored his calls, were right before my eyes.

In today's day alone, there had been more than two hundred missed calls from him. Thirty-five by Devakshaya and forty by Divya. Every day, they kept calling me, and I never picked up the call.

I have received text several times, Divya telling me that Daiwik is gone somewhere and hasn't shown up ever since. He is not at home, and neither does to work.

I wonder where he is? I wonder what place he is sitting at when he is calling me. If it is to apologize?

I don't pick up the call, because I am afraid that if I pick up and he says sorry, I might forgive him.
And I can't forgive him, some reason is he did wrong to me. And the other reason is, I can't forgive my blood because it ruined him and his family when it killed Daman.

How many times my hand have faltered to break through the phone lock, and type the message to him, to pick up his call? To ask him, that please Daiwik, please be fine.

Even if we are not together. I don't want him to suffer, I hope he is okay. Wherever he is.

~

DAIWIK 

The car passed by the red soil that covered the entire air, made its way into my half-open eyes and my nose and I started coughing harshly, I was lying on the big black stones, set by the arc of entrance.

One that was written in huge letters,
Vandigana. I woke up on the stole, another day today, my body was hurting with the pain it bared all night on this hard rock. 

The man who had his tea and some tobacco shop walked towards me with a glass of tea. “You slept here, again?” he asked me, and I pushed myself above, in a sitting position. Taking the tea from his hand.
"You haven't even bathed for how many days?" He asked me when he was trying to sit next to me.

The night I sent those guys and Devakshaya with Arti to Zehra's house and told her the truth. The reality of what crime I had committed. Dev came home and told me that Zehra didn't come back.

I called her, a hundred times to talk to her to beg her. But she never picked up the call. And I couldn't home myself back, the next day, I left home and came here.

Stood before this arc the whole day, and yet couldn't bring myself to walk inside, to go to that place with tormented me. And I have been living on the walls of this arc the for last month.

I want to go to my Zehra and beg her, for forgiveness. But my mind was filled with my demons of the past. The torture of the past. The pain of the past. I can't seem to overcome them. the For last month, I have been trying to fight my demons to reach my Zehra.