01. Barbadi

PAST (6 Years Ago) -:-ZEHRA

ZEHRA

The noise had taken over the entire town, the DJs that were brought, the loud drums, that were ringing in the air, and the flying colors.

The air was all pink now. Women and men are together today in a way that they were never parted.

The crowd hums songs, dancing like their life depends on it today, as all the Hindus celebrated Holi today.

I went over to my rooftop, dressed in my all-choli, looking down at the people. I giggled when I saw some of my old friends running behind each other, trying to avoid a color battle.

When I heard someone jumping on the rooftop, I turned around and found my friends and next-door neighbors. Aarti and Anju,

"No, no!" I yelled as I ran around the rooftop, "Don't! Murshad will kill me if he saw me in the colors!" I told them but they chuckled, shaking their hands with gulal (pink color)  in their hands. One of my friends came running to me as I ran behind the washed clothes and hid myself.

"Don't! Aarti! Murshad will kill me!" I said as I yelled loudly when I felt another grip on the back, Anju caught my waist as Aarti covered me in the color, I yelled a little, as I realized my whole face was pink by now.

She left me when I was finally covered entirely, and we both laughed, I took the color from her hand and threw it on them.

"You too!" I yelled as we three laughed. Anju and Aarti, both my best friend and people Murshad, my brother hates with all his might. If he as much as knows I was hanging out with them, he goes out of control.

"Now, leave before Murshad sees you, or else he will come again to your home and create drama," I said as I pushed them. They nodded as they climbed above the almost adjoined roof and jumped over to their side.

I bid my goodbye to them, as I turned around and walked downstairs to change immediately, Murshad wasn't home, so I should change immediately so he won't find out.

I walked past the kitchen, avoiding Ammi, picking up my ghagra, tip-toeing so my anklet won't make a sound, but when I looked up at the door, I caught the sight of Murshad, standing with not a single as much as a spot of color on his white kurta.