Not getting a reply, he kneels before Rishabh, Arnav touched his brother's knee gently, sensing his unrest,"You're upset over the clause, right?"

Rishabh's jaw clenched, a simmering rage consuming his thoughts. The clause, a wicked twist in his plan to eliminate his enemy's beloved.

Kiraz. That's the name of his bloody brother's wife. He had straight away denied to believe, when the mole sent by him to observe the Rathore's move, has filled him with the information. That, Reyansh Rathore has kidnapped a girl, who neither has any background related to the mafia world, nor belong to their clan.

Top of that, Reyansh got out of his character and married her.

Initially, it was hard to believe and bat an eye to the information, but when he saw the scattered photos of his blood related brother, dancing with her in his arm, going to a fucking candle light dinner, in a random street of Kolkata, he knew better to believe them than ignore it.

And, so he did. He believed the news, meet her in the function, and even send their meet up photos to his brother. He could only imagine the fire burning within his brother. And that even the ten second imaginative thought set his burning chest at ease for a second.

However, Reyansh's proclamation changed everything, safeguarding family members from harm, no matter what. Even if he did, the consequences prized more than the mere sati

"Bhai, we'll fucking carve out a way to remove that, Reyansh." Arnav still insisted on comforting his brother, as his brown eyes, which never bat an eye when he kills someone, has drowned in worry for Rishabh.

Rishabh lifted his head, his gaze shifting to Arnav, regaining his composure. His face transformed into the stoic mask every seasoned mafia member wore and mastered themselves in. He was a master of concealing emotions, yet Reyansh again held the title in that art. Reyansh's ability to hide his feelings struck fear into anyone with intelligence.

Reyansh had accumulated enemies over the years but also an army of fiercely loyal followers willing to protect him at any cost. This loyalty prevented Rishabh from acting against Kiraz in Kolkata. Every scheme he hatched, Reyansh's counter plays outwitted him.

Despite this, only Reyansh himself truly understood the workings of his enigmatic mind. Reyansh was a master of mystery, a trait that kept his enemies at bay.

Rishabh rose from the couch and strolled to the window, where heavy curtains blocked out the sunlight. He pushed the curtains aside, and a smile crept across his face as the harsh sun rays bathed him. His gaze fixed on the Malhotra estate, and his thoughts drifted to a conversation with Rajveer, an old and cunning figure, not unlike a scorpion.

How badly he had wished he could hurl the tea pot at Rajveer's wrinkled head when the ultimatum had been delivered.

Rajveer gave him two options:

Either to take down Reyansh and take over the Mafia Throne.

Or to loose the title head of Malhotra's Mafia, passing over to the real heir of it, Arnav and be the head of the Malhotra Ltd.

But if he fails to take Reyansh down, he'll be stripped from the title of Malhotra and kicked out without a penny. Yes, that's how wicked the old hag is. Even if Rishabh has learnt to call him Nana from since the age he started talking, still that man never melted and tortured the young skin of Rishabh.

He's yet to make any decision. His mind's scraped with the turn of event and the old dying corpse decided to launch the bomb on him last night.

"Arnav, today's a special day. A day of mourning."