33

Part II: Blooming of love of fire

Moment. A chaos, a documentation of passing minutes.

A fact that we are still living, seeing the scene unfolding before us, and having the sense of pleasure that we are somewhat a part of it.

Or a truth that, we're watching the scene with glittering eyes, knowing we can only capture it, because it'll never be the same and we're just watching it to leave it back and conclude it as one of the golden treasures of our life. As memories. Accepting even if it's bad.

But its starting to creep in me, that moments can be repeated, the déjà vu, the same nostalgia, the same whispers of uncertainty in my thought. The same fear, everything same. The old me, the new scene, the old moment. Here I'm sitting infront of the mirror, my reflection watching me, wearing the red saree, my mehndi cladded hands, putting the bindi, completing my look. I know the outside will be a mayhem, matching my disarray thoughts.

The door opens, making my thoughts to tune down into silence. I sigh, a breath.

"Kiraz are you ready?" Parvati maa calls out for me.

I lift my head matching her adored eyes. She smiles, her red lips spreading, into a peaceful glint. She leans forward her jewellry dangling infront of her chest, as she kisses my forehead. "The most beautiful bride of my Reyansh."

She stands straight, saying," Lets go. Everyone's waiting for us." She bends taking my sweaty hand in her dry one. I stay rooted, not moving an inch. Sensing my resistance, her face seizes down in panic.

"What happened? Is something bothering you." Her voice shaky. My thoughts.

I stay quiet. She shakes our cupped hands, repeating the same question. Can I trust her, knowing the possibility of her sliding with her son. "What happened Kiraz. You take me as your mother. You can share anything with me?" Her voice filled with worry.

"Can you help me in running, away?" I utter, without knowing the impacts, I utter without acknowledgment, and it's too late to take them back. The grip of her hand on mine, loose and slips away. Shock registers on her so as on me. I gulp the lump, chocking my throat.