44

I am feeling like two-faced

Ray.

Ray of light. Mom used to call me Ray. I still lividly remember, how she used to shout that name while running behind me. How she patted me to sleep, whispering the name ever so lovingly.

That I even started hating my name.

Reyansh, Dadi named me. So, she called me Ray. For her, I came as a light of hope. A pure soul who she wanted to keep miles away from my family's dirty business. She called me with that name, because she believed that I'll bring changes and thrash the weeds the underworld sowed in her life.

But she forgot, I's one of those seeds.

I don't finch while shotting the man in front of me. I shot him on his arms, then targeting his keens. I don't deviate from the image, the way my target kneeled on the ground, moaning out in pain. Blood gushing down, coating his black shirt in his deep red blood.

The fact that's his eyes are lifeless, doesn't even terrify me.

Just like his blood couldn't be seen from his black shirt, I fail to acknowledge his vulnerability. The dust of cruelty has made a deep sheet on my heart over the year, that his groan and cries fall deaf to my ears. But that's not the case, when I saw Kiraz's burned leg and bruised back. I felt a deep pang of hurt. I guess the only vulnerable person my eyes can see are Kiraz and my mother.

And, the amount of guilt everyday I woke up with it is unimaginable. Knowing how I'm hurting both the ladies of my heart. How I'm deceiving one and how my ignorance is hurting another one. At the end, one is my wife and another my mother.

Yet, the ego in me can never let me bow my head. It's better to suffer, than surrender.

I walk towards the kneeled Vishal, who clutched his stomach stopping the blood from gushing down his wound. The fucker gunned him, and I immediately on a repulse shot him on his forearm.

I remove my blazer, hurriedly tying against his waist, to stop the heavy flow of his blood.

"You need to stand up?" the bullet has hit him on his vital part and if he is not operated early, he can even suffer from paralysis worst dead.