25

"Wish you knew, I stayed up in storm

"Wish you knew, I stayed up in storm."

The words both my parents were conveying seemed to not register in my head

The words both my parents were conveying seemed to not register in my head. Not that the words were unclear but my mind seemed to convert it into somes foreign which stopped my intellectual power.

Their was a strange feeble excitement in Mom's way of carrying out the conversation. She looks so excited and the same goes with dad. And thats frightened me.

"His name is Rishi Banerjee, and works in an IT company. Actually, he is your dad's friend son, and he would be a perfect match for you." Mom chides out, over excitedly.

I gulp the lump forming in my throat.

Marriage? Perfect match?

My hand were sweating profusely, and my chest squeezes painfully every time their impatience glistening eyes flicker infront of me. This is to much to take.

Just a few hours ago, I's in the arms of a man who kidnapped me, forcefully married me, and then allowed me to stay with my parents, secretly taking me on date. And my parents out of blue act like a cupid, encouraging me to meet someone with marriage on my mind.

"Kiraz!" Dad calls out, making me flinch.

"Are you okay?" His eyes softened with worry lacing on his gestures.

"Uhm yes!" I dab my knuckles on my forehead to remove the nonexistent sweat, or to give myself a reality check.

"Isn't it too early for me. I'm yet to complete my graduation," Then pause to think out a better word to conclude a full stop to the budging topic,"and yess I'm still coping up with the traumas and I don't intend to add any other person in the maze through which I am still trying to find my ways out."

I end only for my mother to voice out,"Kiraz you have to move on." Her tone is harsher than she intended which alarmed dad to squeeze her hand. They both glance at each other, as if verbal was not possible so they opted for eyes communication.

"Look child! It happened four years ago and forget it. It's not your fault. It was the destiny and believe me nobody was to be blamed." Mom fortes.

I internally wince, how easy for the bystanders to say move on. Like I will sleep after the strom and the next moment I wake up I'll have to forget it, the hostilities between the past and present.