Cupcake

A year after moving to the UK. Nunew seemed to have adjusted really well. He also got along Tutor and Yim pretty well.. The three were dubbed as the Handsome musketeers by other university students. Nunew still didnt like attention though. He still doesnt talk to others unless he really need to. So to help Nunew improve, Yim and Tutor convinced Nunew to buy the Cafe downstairs and run it like a normal college student who has a day job. His mother and Max agreed with it as they think this would really help Nunew. Zee on the other hand is not sure as he doesnt want Nunew to over exert himself. Nunew decided to go ahead with it, with the agreement that he would hire an over all manager and he would just do the books every month and he would have shifts there like a normal college worker.

Today is Nunew's turn to run the register so he is at the front. He was serving a customer when Tutor called him.

"Nunew, P'Zee is calling. Asnwer it before he blasts your phone again, i will take over first" Tutor told him.
His whole family has already met Tutor and Yim and has become familiar with them. They were even surprised as they saw each other during the Gala night for their company. That's when he discovered that the two are from prominent families too.

"Thanks Tutor. Be right back" Nunew told him as he patted his shoulder.
He took his phone and went to the office.

"Hia, what's up" Nunew asked

"Are you busy? Were you working?" Zee asked. He feels guilty for interrupting

"Yeah but it's slow at the moment so it's good. Is everything okay?" Nunew asked as he looked at Zee. He looked tired with dark circles under his eyes.

"Im just tired. I miss you. When are you coming back home again?" Zee asked him like a child

"Hia I just came back." Nunew laughed at him

"But still" Zee buried his face on his palms.

"Hia, what really is wrong? You look tired" Nunew questioned him

"It's just work. There has been problems with the new batch of jewelry and we have to rectify it. Mama doesnt want to compromise with the design and quality so we had to scratch the whole batch and start new ones. We lost money from this" Zee sighed.

"Oh my. How is Mama Malee?" Nunew is worried about her too. If he is this worried, then she would be worse

"She's okay now. Ive already fixed it. My only problem now is what to do with the faulty batch. I hate to see it all go to waste" Zee told him sadly.

"Oh i got an idea. Mama Thip is planning to launch new limited edition bag designs. Instead of letting those gems go to waste, why not collaborate with our line and incorporate some of them. I mean, yes not everything would be used but atleast some of them could be of use to our line" Nunew told him

"Oh my god you are a genius! I didnt think of that! Wait i have to ring mama Thip. I will tell her its your idea too! She would be so proud. Okay, i got to go. I will call again later. You are a life saver" Zee, who looked like he had found a new source of energy, smiled widely as he waves at Nunew.

Nunew laughed as he walked to the front with spring on his step.
"You look happy. Everything is good i assume?" Yim asked him as a new customer comes in.

"Tell you later" Nunew said as he puts his normal stoic face again. Yim just shakes his head.
Atleast he is not frowning anymore. That's still an improvement. Yim thought to himself.

"What can i get you today?" Nunew asked.

"I will have a pecan pie with no nuts and a latte" the lady said.

Nunew blinked at her. He's thinking she is being serious. The lady tapped her shoes at him

"Are you just going to stare?" The lady asked