Chapter 39

Isabellas POV:

Before taking me home she insisted we get breakfast first but this time I made her agree to letting me choose the place and I chose McDonald's. "McDonald's?" She repeated as she looked at me confused it was then that I realized she didn't know what McDonald's was. "Oh my god do you only eat at fancy restaurants?" I asked she shrugged and I shook my head "your so rich it hurts" I said with a sigh as I looked at her. "Ok for now on if you want to have breakfast with me it can't be at an insanely expensive place" I said. "I feel bad spending your money" I added she shrugged "I don't know why I have lots of it" she said with a smug smile I rolled my eyes playfully at her as the diver took us to the nearest McDonald's.

After getting our order we pulled into the parking lot to eat in the car. I opened my breakfast sandwich and took a bite moaning a bit at the taste of the melted cheese. Just then I noticed Erica looking at me and immediately got embarrassed, I had forgotten I wasn't in this car alone. Erica laughed knowingly at me "is it that good?" She asked looking at me "it really is" I replied. "I want to taste" she said "oh here-" I said but was cut off by her lifting my face up, "not from there" she said "From here" she finished before kissing me, her tongue slipping into my mouth as she did so.

After,  she pulled away and looked at me, "I guess it was that good" she said giving me a slight smirk before going back to her own food. I sat there stunned as I watched her take a bite of her food, my whole body was heating up just watching her after that.

After breakfast We had finally made it back to my house, I was happy to be seeing my bestie after a few weeks away from being away from her but at the same time I was sad to be leaving Erica even though I knew I'd see her again very soon. she opened the door for me and I got out of the car she had her driver grabbed all the bags of clothes she had bought for me and take them up to my door while we said our goodbyes to each other. "So" I said "So" she replied as we both stood there. "Will you be free this Saturday?" She asked "Saturdays are internship days so it's kind of up to you Boss lady" I said with a chuckle. She cleared her throat "Then I'm granting you an official day off on Saturday, now are you free?" She asked, I decided to mess with her a bit "I don't know I'd probably have to check with my assistant" I replied "is that so" she said I smiled "Yeah but you know maybe I could squeeze you in" I said she smiled "that would be lovely" she replied before kissing my cheek "See you then Isabella" she whispered before getting back in the car.

Ericas POV :

I got back to the office and immediately went up to mine. When I walked in I saw Andrea laying on one of my couches with her feet kicked up. I rolled my eyes and went over to my desk. "Oh your finally back" she said before putting down her phone and getting up, I took off my Jacket and laid it neatly on my desk before un cuffing my shirt sleeves and rolling them up. "Yeah" I replied rather dry, "Ok looks your in a grumpy mood today what's up?" She asked sitting in one of the chairs at my desk. "The feds are sniffing around Isabella again" I said with a sigh as I looked through some papers I had on my desk. "Of course they are that's not going to stop, right now your something they want and they think they can get you by using Miss Garcia, my family's worked in the justice system for a long time it's twisted the way they use the innocent to get the guilty" she explained "Well this can't go on I need a way to get them off of her back and mine" I replied with a huff "go public" said Andrea I looked up at her. "I can't do that, that would just be making it easier for them to connect the dots between Erica Nimue and Echo" I said. "First off the E at the beginning of both those names should've been enough to connect the dots but their all idiots which is why this could work and who's to say the FBI haven't already figured that out they probably just doesn't have anything to use against you" she said. Which made since they could very well already know about me which is why their trying so hard.

"Ok say I do this what would I gain from going public?" I asked "Lots but for starters you'd look a little less suspicious, the fact that your Company is private is a concern for them and since the FBI is pretty private themselves their less likely to go after someone as powerful as you while the public eye is on you" she said I nodded in agreement "that's a good idea but how would I do that it's not like I could just wave my money around and go hey look at me I'm rich" I said she chuckled before looking up at me with a serious face "That's exactly what your going to do, if you start something life changing and affordable that you can throw money at you'll have their full attention" she said "Life changing and affordable, how am I going to come up with that" I asked "you literally have a whole bored full of people with ideas at your disposal, come on think your the business women here I'm just a lawyer" she said getting up and going back to the couches.

"Maybe you should switch careers" I said "Oh absolutely not anyone in the business career will be bald and grey before their even 50" she said kicking her feet up on the table "I'm not" i said "Your getting there I'm sure I seen a grey hair earlier" she said I picked up my eraser and threw it at her and she laughed.

I pulled out my phone and texted Mika to let her know the plan before setting my phone down.

"So you can in pretty late anything new going on?" Asked Andrea as if she already knew something. I shook my head "Nope just had to drop Miss Garcia off at home" I said browsing through my laptop that I had just turned on. "Oh you mean our pretty little Korean Latina" she said causing me to look up at her. "She's not our anything" I said Andrea raised her hands in defeat "Ok ok clam down geez I was just playing" she said as I went back to looking at the screen of my laptop she then made a hm sound before walking over to me. "You did something with her didn't you?" She asked I shook my head "I don't know what your talking about" I said clearly lying "No I'm sure you did your fingernails has been clipped and the only time you bother to do that is when your seeing someone" she said I sighed and leaned back in my chair unable to focus with her talking to me.

"Your delusional" I said "Oh no I'm not, I know this because I taught you that, did you forget I was your first everything" she said with a proud smile on her face one that made me just roll my eyes at her. "How could I when you remind me, kind of make me regret ever dating you" I said she rolled her eyes "Oh whatever it's not like you could take it back anyways".

"So I'm assuming you had sex with her?" She asked I sighed it was no use in lying to her anymore. "Yeah, but I was drunk and emotional when it happened, I don't blame it on the alcohol, as you know I'm fully aware even when I'm drunk" I said "So you regret it" said Andrea "No I don't regret doing it just how it happened I didn't tell her this but I feel like I used her" I said. "That's because you did" said Andrea I blinked slowly at her. "What?, don't look at me like that you did. Look the fact that you don't regret it means that you wanted her, but now you gotta figure out if it was just for that moment" she said so casually as she kicked her feet up.

"It wasn't" I said without any thought Andrea looked at me surprised. "That was quick" said Andrea. "Look I like her a lot but I can't be with her you know the things I do, I don't want her to get caught in the crossfire anymore" said Erica as she leaned back in her chair. "Maybe you should give her that choice" said Andrea, I looked at her like she was crazy was she saying what I think she was?. "What?" I asked as if I didn't hear her correctly the first time. "You know tell her and let her choose rather she wants to continue to see you or not" said Andrea. "That's a stupid idea she could get hurt" I said Andrea shrugged "You know some girls like a little danger, I knew what type of people your family were and I still decided to date you" said Andrea.

"Your different, you had the attitude and plus your family was just as dirty as mine, Isabella isn't like that she was raised with a loving family who had little but still always looked out for each other" I said, Andrea sighed. "And those be the main ones who wants a little adventure in their life" said Andrea before standing of and grabbing he things. "And where are you going?" I asked "Speaking of dirty family business I just got a job" she said walking over to me before leaning over and kissing my cheek. "Think about it, Bye gorgeous" she said before leaving my office. Once she was gone I let out a breath.

"Ugh maybe she's right" I said out loud to myself just then there was a knock at my door causing me to look up, "Miss Nimue?" Said a voice"Yes?" I answered and the door swung open revealing my secretary "I've got a man on the phone he said he wanted to make an appointment with to you discuss Nimue Industry he says he's one of the main shareholders" she said and I automatically balled my fist up, that sounds a lot like my father but I needed to be sure before I turned him down. "Did his state his name?" I asked.

"Yes I believe he said his name was...."