7-8 October 2023 (post trip home)

Nostalgic, Family members, my laptop, gramp's birthday.

After sitting at bus for 4 hours, the roads gets more familiar and more familiar. I arrived at 1Segamat complex, where I used to play alot of Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune and watch movies with family here.

As I walk, I saw my dad in the distance, calling on my phone. I quickly jogged straight into my dad's open arms. And casually enter the car saying It's good to be back.
The roads in this district is just the same, as I glare over the town and places I used to go through a lot. It weirdly have me a different impression after living in city for 2 month.

I was home, I keep saying to my dad that why I feel like I was here yesterday? Even though I live in the city for 2 months. Is that what they called it Nostalgia?
Although there is little change for my town. New big gate there and new restaurants exist, the geezers still work at a cafe I often go. Yes, next morning I'll tell my dad to go there.

My dad already prepared the room for me to sleep, my younger brother is already asleep and mom already out in another town taking care of grandparents. This gift for my dad, It's only few ringgits. It's a mini tool box for small tools and stuff, My dad says he likes it. Weeks ago he visited my suite and noticed it and he says he like it, that's why I bought it. Maybe because I don't know what to buy for him in first place? The gifts for my brother were bigger and more expensive. I am pretty sure I notes it in my early days of diary. But it's a keychain katana, SpyXFamily, it's basically anime character portrait  cute stands. Makes me remember that I almost used 200 on my first day. I also included the Boku No Kokoro Yatsu Yabai anime DVD. Yes, I always wanted to watch this with a DVD Rom reader. So I finished 12 episodes on midnight till 5am. Gave my brother these gifts on the same night, His favourite PS5 game were always "Ghost of Tsushima" and "Yakuza" series games.

Also played PS5 games on actual console in 4K monitor after a long time, Feels fresh. Could play for hours enjoying the details and gameplay. But I could always remote play through my laptop. Goes the same for staring the sunset and scenery of my hometown. Of course, the weather here is hot as always.

On 7th October, I just remembered old friend got my message about my return to this hometown. And he asked that can we hangout to arcade like we used to, I agreed. Since I can't drive myself over there so My dad have to pick me up and my friend way to the mall. Also my younger brother tagged along since they are both friends too. Then past evening, I attended the gramps birthday with my family. Meeting old members and they asks me how's school or life over there yada yada yada. Seeing my mom there is a huge relieve and hugging each other was never this heartwarming before. It's not much at least I get to drive my mom's car a little.

During laundry with my mom, We have great conversations about how is life compared between city and hometown. Hell, on the day before I take bus trip back my family & grandma take lunch at nearby cafe to eat. With this price to eat a rice chicken chop it's literally a plate a eco meals.

Bad things is my laptop ran into a skill issues. The recent visits to a PC local tech shop was because my dad go for my suggestion to upgrade laptop's RAM space. Sounds good that my laptop now get 16 GB of Ram. But when I got back my dad hand over to it. It keep running constantly blue screen of death and hard to start it properly. There was a few times it manages to load into desktop but network is not functioning. The WiFi icon doesn't show up and whenever you go to network options the settings crash itself and on next restart my external GPU weren't used. At point of no return, since due to limited time we have before I return and repair this by 8th, The tech gave me 2 options to reset or format my laptop. So we did, reset my laptop with a new Windows 10 copy while keeping little personal files.

The cause of constant BSOD wasn't related to RAM. I am not even sure what caused all these, Is it malware through wifi? Because my mother new laptop also run into same problem that her laptop's network adapter settings were entirely empty.

The tech says theres something corrupt file inside and have to reset/format my laptop. Keeping personal files if possible, of course I shouldn't worry too much because of my files are up in cloud and my hard drive. But still.... Having to locate lost files and reinstall apps and settings is a new hassle but at the very least its good my laptop seems fresh again doesn't it? My dad paid 100 for the Ram and Reset fee. It wasnt caused by ram upgrade, How did this happen? My dad even have suspicious for our wifi being malware or something because the new laptop my dad bought for my mom literally cannot access to the internet due to the laptop thinking that network adapter is non existent. Similar happened on my windows 10, that was sign of no access to internet. Even opening the settings of network crashed it too. After that, my external GPU doesn't run after the next startup and constantly infinite blue screen of death every restart. After seeing those i felt angry but have to deal with it annoyed.

Well, if you think positive about it. Maybe a reset sounds nice. It removes huge trash you been trying to clean for a long time, making your laptop run smoother and now got my 16GB ram upgrade. Also not to mention, your time spend with gramps's birthday, family members reunion, arcade time with friend, bought comic, and my brother gave me one of his comic, exchanged controller etc etc.

Anyway, Today. At 4pm, I have a bus ticket to return back to the city. We savor the time with family and taking photos together before I sets off.  After I got back I'll be sure to reinstate and personalize my laptop how it used to be and be wary of it's spec uses.