-- Chapter 12 --

The next morning I wake up with a pounding headache and see that Alex is still sleeping, but I have to get up before he wakes up.

I blush when I get up and realize I am naked. I put on one of Alexs shirts and one of his boxers and go into the kitchen. I pour myself a coffee and open up my laptop.

I type in 'student jobs in Baltimore' and a hundred results pop up. This thing is spinning in my head forever now. I just don't want to live from Alex money as long as I study. This is a big thing for me, I wasn't raised to waste money and my mum always told me that it is important to not dependent on a man. This is why I am sitting here in the morning with my head nearly exploding.

I realize that I want to work at a coffeeshop and a few ones really offer student jobs. So I mailed 5 coffeeshops if I could do a 'trial work'.

One hour later Alex still wasn't up, but I already had 3 responses, two already had a student for it and the third one, called 'Bohemian Coffee House' asked me to get over in one hour to talk to their manager.

So, I do what I've never done in my whole life...I sneeked out, so Alex wouldn't notice I was gone.

I changed into jeans and a hoodie, put on sneakers and left with phone and the second keys.

I walk into the sweet, little coffeeshop which has large windows and lovely wooden establishment after exactly one hour and a blonde woman in her fourties already waited for me.

"Ah, you have to be Iva."

"Yes, I am."

"So, welcome in the 'Bohemian Coffee House'! My name is Carla and I am the manager of this chaotic family."

A male voice answers: "Hey, I heard that! We aren't chaotic!" and then laughs.

I laugh and Carla smiles.

"You are a sweet girl it would be a honour to me if you'd work for us."

"Really? You give me the job?"

"Yeah, text me when you'll start working!"

I scream and jump in her arms. She laughs.

"This definitely is the right decision."

"Yeah, you won't regret it", I answer.

"Ok, see you then, byeee!", Carla screams as I was already halway out of the shop.

"Bye!"

As soon as I open the door of the coffeeshop I want to just run back in again.

Alex is leaning on the opposite side of the coffeeshop next to a wall.

He is staring at me and I cross the street to get to him.

"Good Morning?", I question, because I don't know how he'll react.

Alex glares down at me, his mouth is pressed to a line and the look in his eyes tells me that I am in big trouble.

"What do you think you are doing here?"

I swallow. "I just got myself a job."

"And why do you need to get a job?", he asks through gritted teeth.

"Because college is expensive."

"Could you give me a proper answer?"

"Can we finish this talk at home?"

Alex grunts and I want to put my hand in his, but he pulls his hand away. Now I know I am in real trouble.

As soon as the door of the house is in his angles, Alex starts talking or more screaming:

"What the hell do you think you are doing? I wake up, think of nothing and my girlfriend is fucking gone! Then I open your laptop and see the mail, for a JOB, at a fucking COFFEESHOP!! WHAT THE FUCK, DO YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT YOUR ACTIONS?"

"WHAT DO YOU THINK, OR DO YOU EVEN THINK AT ALL?"

"WATCH YOUR WORDS!"

"I WON'T! I DON'T WANT TO LIVE FROM YOUR MONEY!"

"Why?"

"Because what if this does not work? Then I am on the street, with a lot of bills to pay, but no job, no money and no home. I can find a new home, but everything else would be a lot."

"WHAAAT?!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS? YOU DON'T THINK THAT THIS WILL WORK?"

"No, Alex...this is not what I was trying to say...", I start crying.

"STOP THE FUCKING DRAMA, YOU CLEARLY TOLD ME THAT YOU DON'T SEE A FUTURE FOR US!!"

"No, Alex. Don't think that", I try to touch his arm, but he pulls it away.

"Just don't touch me."

I cry even harder.

"What does this mean for our relationship?", I ask.

"ARE YOU SERIOUSLY NEED TO ASK THIS?"

"Alex...."

"I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU ANYMORE!"

"ALEX!"

"LEAVE, JUST FUCKING LEAVE! I'm not putting all my heart into something that is just one sided."

"But, Alex! It isn't one sided. I love you."

"It seems that sometimes love just isn't enough."

I see a single tear running down his cheek.

"Iva, don't make it harder. Just leave, ok?"

I feel more tears running down my cheek and run past Alex into the bedroom.

I pull my suitcase out of the wardrobe and throw all my clothes into it, then I get all my stuff from all around the house and throw it into the suitcase.

I zip it close and get into the living room, just to see Alex sitting on the sofa with his head in his hands. He is obviously sobbing.

I go over to him and put a box on the table. "Goodbye, Alex."

He doesn't even look up, so I just leave.

As soon as I hear the door close behind me, I sob even more.

I wander through the streets, I have no idea where I am. I sit down on the staircase of an apartment complex and break down sobbing.

What am I going to do now?