-- Chapter 2 --

*Summer 2011*

"Iva, wake up! Damn, you really can't sleep so long, that's illegal! We are at a festival, get your ass up", someone screams.

I groan and roll over, just to feel a piece of bread in my face. Girls are messy, never neglecting that!

Karla, my best friend, her new boyfriend and me did a trip to a music festival somewhere in the nowhere. We got here by train and it was chaos.

After 5 hours of being lost in a town, the name of it I don't even remember, we arrived at the venue of the festival, just in time with the first raindrop. It just stopped raining today and now it is so hot that we heard a few people fainted already.

We are sleeping in a tent, the ground is fucking hard and we are fucking freezing, BUT we'd do everything to see our favourite bands live.

"Look, she's alive!", Karlas boyfriend, named Toby, called, as I climbed out of the tent.

"Guys, why is the food in my tent? I just had a piece of bread in my face!"

Toby laughed at me and then I realized Karla wasn't there.

"Where's Karla?"

"She said something about a band called Breath Carolina she deadly wanted to see."

"Wait, Toby. What time is it?"

He laughed again. "Girl, it's 1 p.m. You were dead."

Fuck, I really needed to hurry up. I promised Karla to see Breathe Carolina with her. She'd kill me if I weren't there on time.

I ran back to the tent to change. I put on a pair of black shorts and a AWG/ Glamour Kills anchor tanktop. Then I pulled my hair in a messy bun and put on a bit mascara. While running to the stage I ate a chocolate bar.

Never have I ever eaten so much shit as in the last days at this festival.

There were so many people heading to the stages already. It was impossible to be fast. But I pushed everyone aside and reached the stage as Breathe Carolina entered the stage. There weren't a lot of people watching them, so I spotted Karla right away. I made my way over to her and hugged her from behind. "Sorry for being late, but I made it.", I said in her ear.

"OMG, Iva! You're awake! You missed the best thing, Kyle, the one who's jumping there with the blonde hair, was down here before their concert and we talked to him and took photos. He's such a sweetheart!"

"Aw, Karla, that's awesome! I am so happy for you!", I replied.

We watched Breathe Carolina and they were through half of the set when Kyle suddenly said: "Hey people, this next song I wanna dedicate to the two girls in the front row that are hugging each other since the first song we sang today. You girls, rule! This song is called "I Don't Give A Fuck"...let's party!"

Karla and me looked at each other and started jumping right away.

10 minutes later they left stage and we were exhausted. "I regret everything I ever said about them, they were rad live.", I said as we headed to a bar to get us a drink. That's the good thing in the country we were in, we were allowed to drink already. "I told you they are great."

As soon as we got our drinks we found Toby, running around completely lost and confused.

"Hey, lost boy! You need a friend?", Karla said as soon as Toby spotted us. I laughed, but did stop, when they started a heated make-out-session right in front of my eyes. "Guys, you are disgusting. Can you please get a room?!"