-- Chapter 9 --

As soon as the door is open, I spot him. He leans to a wall of the airport. His hair is a bit darker and shorter than the last time we had skyped, I knew he was at a hair stylist to look good when I arrive. I smile at the late night talk, when both of us couldn't sleep, when he told me about the appointment at the hair stylist. He sounded so nervous, as if I would care what his hair looked like.

I know he spotted me the second the door slid open. He pushes himself off the wall and starts walking towards me.

He is wearing light blue skinny jeans with a rip at the knee, a t-shirt of his own collection at Glamour Kills, a black cardigan and his beloved leather boots.

There is no time passing at this moment, it feels as everything happens in slow motion.

He puts his arms around me and I jump up in his arms. I wrap my legs around his body and hold him close. I take in the scent of his perfume and let my hands wander into his hair.

I can hear myself sniffle as time starts again. Tears are streaming down my face. Finally am I holding the love of my life in my arms. Alex puts me down to the ground and starts wiping away the tears I had shared. I can see that there are tears glittering in the corner of his eyes aswell. He smiles at me and I can see my own happiness reflected in his eyes.

He leans down to kiss me and I meet his lips halfway. Alex smiles into the kiss and I just can't believe that I am really able to kiss my boyfriend after those long months. Our kiss stays so sweet and innocent as if one of us would break at any second. I pull away and blush a bit when I see the glory on his face.

"I missed you", he smiles a bit wider, when I said that.

"I missed you too, babe."

I peck his lips.

"How was the flight?"

"Long....", I groan.

He laughs. "I know, oversea flights are the worst, no matter how often you fly."

I just nod. "And the jetlag is also very bad this time."

"So, you just want to get home and sleep?"

"Of course not!", I start laughing. I know he has planned something.

He laughs. "That's good, because I thought we could meet up with Jack and Eve for dinner? Eve dies to finally see you again."

"Sounds awesome. Wait, they are still dating?"

Alex looks at me puzzled. "Why shouldn't they be dating anymore?"

"You know Jack just as good as me."

"That's true. But you should see him now when he is with her. He is a completely different man now. He treats her so good and you can clearly see that they truly love each other."

"Just as us?", I question, just to see his reaction.

He wants to say something, but stops when he thought what I just said. Then his arm wander around my waist. "No, no one can love someone as much as I love you", then he pecks my lips.

I blush. "I love you too."

"Let's go now, ok?"

I nod and Alex takes my suitcase in one hand and my hand in his other hand. I smile up to him.

"Thanks for taking the suitcase."

"Of course, babe."

We get into the parking lot and he opens the car so I can already get inside. At this moment I am freezing. As soon as Alex gets into the car, he notices me shivering like crazy and he turns on the heating of the car. He puts his arm around my shoulders, pulls me close for a moment and kisses my temple. Then he let me go and starts the engine.