Light brightened when he opened the door-literally and metaphorically- only for him to freeze. "...Sabre?" His friend spoke out softly.

"Hm?" His grip on his door tightened when he seen a flash in the sky.

It didn't go downwards. Sabre pointed out to himself. It wasn't an attack. Everyone is still safe.

Light glanced around, suddenly nervous. "Can I...come in?"

Sabre quickly ushered him in, the sound of the door clicking sent relief through him as if muffled some of the thunder. Not all, hence why he was in the bathroom, since that was the most soundproof room compared to the others.

Light leaned his umbrella by the door, water quickly being soaked up by the entrance mat. He slipped off his rain boots, before turning towards Sabre once more.

Light's face pinched when he looked at him. "Are you okay?"

Sabre jolted. Why was Light asking that? Did he do something to give it away? Was it because he denied going to the festival?

"Oh? I'm fine, why do you ask?"

Light frowned, eyebrows pinched together as he took a few steps closer. "Sabre," He explained. "Your blindfolds off and you look like you haven't slept well in weeks."

Months. He corrected bitterly in his head, before Light's first statement clicked in.

His blindfold.

Sabre didn't put on his blindfold! He quickly averted his gaze, even though it was way too late. Light was going to hate him now. Sabre already lost too many friends because of his eyes he didn't need to lose another.

A hand landed gently on his arm. "Sabre," Light spoke softly. "You're trembling."

Light...wasn't scared?

"Sabre-" Light cut off the exclamation, but it still made him jump, head snapping to look at Light. He almost looked...horrified.

Oh, he was scared. Great! He had to ruin one of his last remaining friendships because he was too stupid to remember to put on his blindfold and now-

"Why do you think I'd be scared of you?" Light frowned up at him. Sabre could only blink in surprise. Afterall, who wasn't scared of him when they saw his eyes?

Light shook his head. "Nope. Not dealing with this standing up." Light herded him to the couch.

Lightning flashed through the open curtains.
Sabre reared back from the attack.

No. No attack. Sabre is safe and everything is fine.

He is fine.

H̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶n̶'̶t̶.̶

Thunder rumbled the house, sending small vibrations through the walls and floor. "Sabre!" Light's eyes widened at his sudden movement. "What's wrong?"

"Nothings wrong!" Sabre forced out a laugh. "Why do you ask?"

Light stared down at him, an indescribable look crossed his face. "Sabre," Light grabbed his hand, giving it a small squeeze. "You're still shaking. Are you hurt?" His eyes narrowed. "Is that why you didn't want to go to the festival? Because you're hurt? I swear to Origin Sabre if you're hurt-"

Sabre pulled his hand out of Light's as he waved them in the air; As if he could wave away Light's worries. "I'm not! I'm okay! I promise!"

White flooded the room followed by an ear shattering crash of thunder.

Light gave a laugh as he glanced outside. "That lightning is..." His eyes widened as his head snapped to Sabre. "Are you scared of the storm?"

"What?!" Sabre gave a laugh. "No! Why would I be scared of a little-"