8.The Carefulness

We said our goodbye's and I drove back to Rachit's house.

Sonya's POV

There was no one in the house except me and Rachit. I felt a bit lonely. I didn't want to enter his room but couldn't leave him alone. So, I decided to stay in the corridor outside the room so if anything happens to him, I can be there. I found a chair for myself and placed it in front of the door of his room.

I opened my phone, which was on silent mode, to discover that I had at least a billion missed calls from Dhairya. I was unable to interpret. Why would he call me? It was 12:50 and I decided not to call back. Instead I simply left a message saying, "What happened?" Which was quite objectionable. I guess?

"What the fuck are you even doing? Have you seen how many times I've called you? Don't you think you should've at least sent a message if you're busy with anything." He shouted but with a tensed tone.
Once again, I was unable to ininterpret everything. Am I that dumb or is this actually an unreasonable situation?

"Calm down goat, I'm fine. "

"GOAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT? Where are you anyways? Why you talking so softly?" He said in a receding voice tone.

"I'm not at home. I'm at Rachit's. "
"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING AT A GUY'S HOUSE AT 1 AM? Waiting for 3 to play horrific games? YOU MAD OR WHAT? " He said in a tensed and lound voice.

I didn't understand why he cared si much but I cannot say that I hated it. I liked it instead. It's been a long time since someone cared about me like that. Like, someone waited me to be safe, to be around them. Yeah sure, I'd be an ungrateful brat if I said that. We'd say, what about my mother? Well, she doesn't really pay attention to me. The last time she called me was because she wanted to know if I got into that prestigious school with my low iq. Yeah, she said that.

"Hello! Stop overreacting. I'll leave once Atharv comes back." I assured him.

"You know, you live in India. Not USA. You, getting out at night all by yourself, will result in your name in the headlines of a newspaper the next day. " How rude of him to say that. Though, he was right. Jaipur isn't the safest city.

"So, you want me to stay here tonight? " I replied in sarcasm.

"With two guys? Shut up. I'm coming there to pick you up. " I loved how concerned he was but I despise taking help so I refused kindly but he just wouldn't budge. He just made his decision and cut my call.

I thought he was just kidding so without thinking much I started playing mobile games. Sitting there, I just made a new high score. I'm proud of myself. I heard a sound from the garage so I went downstairs and found Atharv.

Finally! He was home. He approached me and asked about Rachit. I told him he's fine and he held out his hand for a handshake. I scoffed and did the same when he pulled my hand in for a hug. I felt my soul coming out of my body with a feeling or shriek running down my spine.

"Thank you so much. You did a lot for us today. " He said while still having me in his grip.

I coughed as a sign of 'fucking let me go you little brat'. I guess he realized that I wasn't Nisha or someone so close to him because he released me immediately and kept on apologizing. Overdramatic! I wasn't going to waste my time thinking about him or the hug. It was 2 a.m already and I decided to leave. Yeah sure, it's not safe but even the kidnappers must be sleeping at this hour.