7.The simplicity

The atmosphere seemed tensed so I left to find Atharv.

I found him in the veranda, sitting on a slightly raised surface. He was very relaxed and his hair was flowing in the air because of the fast moving wind. He was looking very calm so I decided to break his moment.

I quietly walked towards him and gave him a jump scare.
"Booo!" I screamed.

He shrieked with a shrill voice and fell off the raised area. I laughed so hard that I lost my balance and fell right beside him. We both laughed till our stomachs started to ache.

"That wasn't necessary you know. " He said while still smiling like a fool.

"Well, it didn't cause us any harm. So, why not? " I said, justifying myself.

"It's...been a while-" He sighed. "Since I laughed so much. "

"Really? I thought you were this optimistic guy who thinks the world is all flowers and roses." I chuckled.

He smiled, looked into my eyes and said, "Not all flowers and roses but yeah, don't you think that everyday is just a new start? A new life? A new beginning?"

"Not really. I do have to clean all the mess I created the day before. So,no."

He tittered and said, "you're right, not everyday comes with a new beginning, but, just the thought of making it an opportunity really helps."

I scoffed and said, "you're a great philosopher."

"I'm not a philosopher but see I'll give you a real life example. I wake up each day without removing my past record and think about how I can make you fall in love with me today. " He said with a tone full of sarcasm.

I squinted my eyes and gave him a 'shut the fuck up' look and he had the audacity to laugh at me.

"Please don't make such faces. You're looking so hilarious that I might die laughing." He said while trying to catch his breath.

"And I might die of your cringey pick up lines. So shut up. "

"Excuse me, who said I was trying to flirt with you? It was just an example." He smirked.

"Whatever helps you fall asleep at night. " Saying that, I got up and turned around to leave when he caught up with me.

"Chill out, I was just kidding. Come on. The weather is so pleasant. Let's enjoy it by sitting together rather than making fun of each other. " He said with a really calm voice.
"I don't know why, but I like the sound of it. "

We sat down and started to talk shit about all our teachers and everything we hate about our school.

"I just hate our green school uniform. We literally look like a flock of parrots who don't have a red beak. " I complained but he didn't reply. He just kept of staring at me. "What are you even staring at? " I asked him with a much disgusted look.

He didn't reply. Instead, he just leaned in closer to me to such an extent that our faces were just inches away from each other.
"What the fu-"
"Wait a second." He said.

I was still trying to comprehend everything when he said in a calm tone "don't freak out but I think there's a spider on your head. "

"HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO STAY CALM? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I HATE SPIDERS? " I freaked out and blurred out some nonsense.
He tried to calm me down and assured me that once I stopped jumping in the air like a freak, he will help me get that shitty creature out of my head. So, I did what a normal person would do. I screamed at the top of my lungs until his ears would start bleeding.