nineteen.

June 15, 2016

I sprawled out on Mitch's bed, an array of emotions swirling within as I watch him meticulously pack his belongings. A groan escaped me, "I can't believe you're leaving me for two whole months."

Mitch glanced up from the floor, raising an eyebrow. "Now, don't go making it sound like you weren't invited, Sise."

He has a point. Harry extended the invitation multiple times, but I'd declined each one. "Well, yeah, but you and I both know that's a terrible idea," I explain.

"Fair point, but it was your choice not to come."

With the messy state of affairs between Harry and me and lingering tension with some of his team, it seemed like the right decision. "Are you gonna fly home at all while I'm gone?" Mitch asked, changing the subject.

Sighing, I admitted, "Probably. I don't have anything booked yet, but yeah, I think so." I know I should go, I want to go, the thought of watching my mom deteriorate was heart-wrenching.

"That's good, they miss you. Mom probably could use some extra time with you," Mitch nodded.

"Yeah," I whispered, a lump forming in my throat as I continued to watch my big brother pack.

"I'm going to miss you so much," I whispered softly, trying to hold back tears.

"I'm going to miss you too," he replied with a sad smile. "But I'll be back before you know it. The time apart will be good for us."

I know he's right, but the thought of being alone in this big empty house in the big city for weeks on end seems daunting, especially now that I'm pregnant. I'll have appointments to go to alone. What if something goes wrong?

"I just don't want to be alone," I say quietly, voice cracking slightly.

"Oh, Sise," Mitch sighed, looking at my pouting face and chuckling lightly. He wraps me in a hug. "You're not gonna be alone. You've got Luke here, and you can always just stay with Mom and Dad for a while. And you can always call me, or even Harry or Dede."

I hug him back tightly, wiping my tears and managing a small smile. "You're right, I'm being dramatic, I know. It's the baby, I swear." I giggled. "I'll be fine on my own. Probably should get used to living without you; can't be in the same house bothering you with a newborn."

"Hey, you know I sleep like a rock. I wouldn't mind. But if you feel like it's in your best interest to get separate places, we can do that too. Let's just focus on getting through the summer first."

"It would be in your best interest, you just don't realize it yet." I laugh. "Have you heard Harry sing? This baby is gonna have lungs." I joke.

His eyebrows raised in thought, "Now, you've got a point there." He laughed.

"Should I order from that Italian place for your last night here?" I ask, changing the subject.

"Shrimp pasta, please." He requests.

I roll my eyes, "We are not doing that again. You picked out all the shrimp last time."

"I knew it'd get under your skin." He shrugs.

"All the more reason for me to move out." I add. "Chicken Parmesan?"

"You know me too well." He winks.

June 16, 2016

I'm up bright and early, anxious as ever. Despite my confidence that things will work out, the lack of control over the situation stresses me out. Deep down, I know this will be good for Mitch; Harry's already head over heels for him, as Dede would say.