eighteen.

June 9, 2016

Mid-morning sunlight filtered through the curtains, casting a warm glow across the room. I lay there, still cocooned in the comfort of my bed, grateful that today's doctor's appointment wasn't scheduled early. As I've mentioned before, mornings are quite the struggle for me these days, so the later appointment is a blessing.

My mind raced as I recalled the events of last night—the sweet, hesitant kiss Harry and I had shared. Its left me confused, are my feelings genuine or are they intertwined with the life growing inside me? I wonder if Harry's intentions are genuine too, or if he was simply drawn to me because of the baby. That's the last thing I want. I need to be sure to keep us at a healthy distance. We can't be catching feelings, for the sake of our baby.

Just as I was about to succumb to a few extra minutes of sleep, a gentle knock on the front door pulled me back to the present. Harry's voice can be heard talking to Mitch in the foyer, "Is Sienna ready to go?"

I take a deep breath and push aside the duvet. Time to face the day. As I opened the door of my bedroom, Harry's warm smile greeted me from the bottom of the stairs, momentarily easing my worries. "Morning, Harry. I'll be down in just a minute."

I'm quick to take action, throwing on an oversized tee and attempting to pull on some jeans, but that's when I realize...

Oh my god, I have a bump.

I pause, turning in the full length mirror to view my own side profile. The sight of my growing bump leaves me both amazed and slightly overwhelmed. While it's still small, it's relatively big, considering I haven't noticed it before. Have I already popped? It's a tangible reminder of the life that's slowly taking shape within me. As I gently rest my hands on the curve of my belly, a mix of emotions rushes over me—excitement, uncertainty, and a touch of nervousness. Now people will know, and not just my inner circle, everyone. The people at the grocery store, the random person I sit next to on the airplane, potentially Harry's fans. The thought is terrifying. With my heart racing, I take a moment to gather myself, before opting for a stretchy white ribbed dress instead. I run a brush through my tangled hair quickly before tossing it onto my bed and hurrying downstairs to meet Harry, out of breath.

"Good morning, Sienna." He handed me a cup of steaming hot chocolate, a knowing twinkle in his eyes. He remembered my preference over coffee. The gesture made my heart skip a beat. I notice Mitch twitch with a slight smile as well.

"Before we go though, I have a quick question for you both." I said, a mixture of excitement and nervousness in my voice. The two of them look at me curiously,  "Do you think I'm starting to look pregnant, or is it just me feeling a bit bloated?" I ask, placing a hand at the top of my bump and caressing downward to show off the curve. "Be honest."

Mitch and Harry exchanged a quick glance before turning their attention back to me. Harry reached out to gently touch my bump, his expression softening. "Sienna, you look absolutely stunning," he said with sincerity. "That's definitely a baby bump. Cutest I've seen, if I do say so myself."

I blushed at his words, feeling a sense of relief wash over me. Mitch chimed in, "Yeah, Sise, you're definitely showing. It's crazy. I can't believe this is real." He chuckles.

Their supportive words filled me with a warm sense of reassurance. It's the validation I definitely needed, knowing that my pregnancy is now visible to the naked eye.

"Alright, well good luck to the two of you. Let me know how everything goes." Mitch sees us out.

Harry assures him that we'll keep him in the loop, and with that we're on our way. Harry opens the door of his expensive car for me and starts the drive.